Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 30th October 2008, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Stewart McPherson's CP Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by bactrus View Post
David, how about the other two new books: Carnivorous Plants of the World and Carnicorous Plants and their Habitats? Pitcher Plants of the Old World Volume 1 & 2

Also, is Redfern shipping by air (fast) or sea (about 3 weeks)? Shipped to Door or to port. All different charges. If they can let us know of the freight forwarders, then can liase directly with them don't have to see the customs (= $$$ Ahem!). Charges are in per cubic meters basis.
Thanks Adam for answering on my behalf. Could not log into the forum yesterday and half the day the forum was under maintenance mode. The hosting company was upgrading the server that PetPitcher is on.

In reply to edwardyeeks' question on group purchase... Everyone will benefit because we are able to negotiate with the supplier to get discount on bulk purchase. Also we can save a little from the shipping charges as the books are shipped to only one location. Of course if you are overseas or outstation and the books needs to be shipped to you, there will be additional cost. But considering that you already receive discount on the book, it will still be cheaper.

I'll check with Stewart to see if they are able to ship the books to more than one location. Most probably diferent shipping rates will apply.

Below is the wholesale discount structure that was emailed to me by Stewart for our group purchase:

1 to 20 books (of any combination) 40% discount
21 to 30 books (of any combination) 45% discount
31 books or more (of any combination) 50% discount.

Ok, here's my order:

Lost Worlds of the Guiana Highlands
1. Bactrus (Unsigned copy)

Glistening Carnivores
2. David (Signed copy)

Pitcher Plants of the Americas

Carnivorous Plants of the World

Carnivorous Plants and their Habitats

Pitcher Plants of the Old World Volume 1 & 2

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - A Kenyan Proverb