Read-Only Forum Archive
Thread: To all CP fans
View Single Post
Old 1st February 2011, 04:42 PM

Default Re: To all CP fans

If we were able to pool our money together for a floral fest or a pure CP nursery, we would have done it long ago........

But there are several problems. First, not everybody in PP now are actually "members". I have noticed tons of fake members simply joining PP for fun. So in terms of "money collected, you might only expected 1/3 of the forum to contribute.

Secondly, as Ban Aik mentioned, it's not cheap to start a festival or a store. Robert's(a.k.a NepNut) lowland nep environment setup costs around RM 6k alone!(it's in the CP territory section) Think about opening a CP nursery. Whatsmore, to achieve the budget for this project, I seriously doubt that everyone only needs to pay RM2-3.

And speaking about paying, how many people would be willing to pay? I wouldn't mind, but most of us are kids and teenagers(correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm pretty sure that our pocket money would be.....well, not that much Also don't forget that if we plan to build a nursery for CONVENIENCE for ALL members, that means opening a few nurseries in Malaysia. And that is easier said than done.

Although, if we had government support, things would be much easier

D. Paradoxa? Easy to grow in my experience. Give it lots of sunlight and water. My friend did something quite interesting with planting d. paradoxa, and that was by planting the drosera inside a really big pot(6 inches diameter) with media filled up to only 1/3 of the pot, thus letting the plant "sit" deep in the pot. And to my surprise, he ignored it(he's not a CP fanatic) and it grew beautifully to a big size. Makes me wonder.....hmmmmm

Btw, it's been a long time since I heard of Athene. Where is she?

Check out my Grow-list and my Twitter page!