Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 16th September 2008, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Hello from Panama!

David,
I grow my heli in a terrarium as well. The terrarium is lit by three fixtures each with two 17W cool white bulbs. My day temperatures are about the same as yours, perhaps a little lower due to the fact that the terrarium is in an apartment on a 27th floor. I do however, on really hot days, run the AC unit in the room to keep the terrarium from overheating with the added heat given off by the fixtures. I also tend to turn the AC on most nights which can bring temperatures inside the terraium at around 23-24 degrees celcius. I got my heli from a friend who divided his a couple of months ago. The plant was very small with immature pitchers only. Thus far the plant has put out one pitcher that shows mature characteristics, allthough it is not of great size. The plant has good coloration and grows, allthough very slowly. My friend who gave me the plant grows his in a terrarium as well, but he lives in an area of the U.S. were temperatures are milder.
I am a fan of growing plants outside though, and as soon as I can divide my heli I will be able to do some experimentation. Let me know how it goes for you if you decide to try your heli outside.
Anyways, hope this helps and good luck!

Grow List