Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 18th September 2008, 01:37 PM
Administrator

I love to see people's projects. So interesting.

In the first picture, on the right of the grow chamber, is that a humifyer? And you use hose to channel the humid air into the chamber? Looks cool.

I think I'm gonna start looking for an old refrigerator compressor. You give me hope that this can be done and it looks like something that I can afford. I've always wanted to grow highlander such as N. macfarlanei, N. vilosa, N. burbidgeae, N. rajah, N. veitchii (highland), N. ramispina, N. sanguinea, etc. No doubt we can still grow N. sanguinea and maybe N. ramispina in lowland conditions but they will not reach their full potential. I want huge gigantic pitchers!

Hmm, if I build this like how you do it, I might need to build a wooden frame for the sides and back or else my son will be picking on the polysterine until there is a hole in it. He's already doing it to the piece of polysterine at the bottom of my glass terrarium.

TS,

I think the polysterine can hold the weight. It looks quite thick. Only worry is if somebody knock hard on the polysterine and break it. That might give way to the glass above.

Adi,

How will you be placing the lightings? Hung from the ceiling or on top of the glass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilevi424 View Post
2.need to buy lights(if you have recommendation pleas advice)
Looking at the height of your set up, I think the plants would be about 30 inches from the lightings? My recommendation would be to get metal halide.

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - A Kenyan Proverb