Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 28th September 2009, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Genetically engineered plants for low light.

Hi

Thanks for your replies. I hope people could easily read my initial message all right. On my computer it was in black text on a black background. I am not sure why. However, this time it seems to be white on my other computer. What people could do to view it, is to highlight the text if they cannot see it easily. I could also resend it again.

Bear in mind sticky cardboard insect traps that are purchased also have something to attract insects. One problem with them is that they do not last long as the bait soon looses its odor. The advantage of a carnivorous plant is that the bait would remain fresh. Also, Drosera may not attract ants that are not inside the house. They could trap small flying insects if they are placed on the window sill. However, they probably would not grow well without a bright light source above them.

Maybe one day they may be able to genetically engineer carnivorous plants so that they could grow inside a house without additional lights placed above them. If you find out about any developments in this, please let me know. By the way, I am opposed to the genetically modified crops being forced on us without adequate testing in labs first.

Your help is appreciated,
Regards Richard.