Re: ericsow chamber
« Reply #1 on 13 Sept, 2007, 17:00 »My chamber with light on

Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedericsow

« Reply #2 on 13 Sept, 2007, 17:20 »My Tillandsia team
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on 13 Sept, 2007, 17:42 »so Ikea made some money from you leh ? heheh.....good luck with the set-up, sorry, i`m not too good with indoor stuff.

how come you moved to Malacca ah ? go say Hi to Najwan. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedericsow

« Reply #4 on 13 Sept, 2007, 17:42 »Terance, your pet under good conditional and well care. Everyday enjoy daylight lamp 10 hours. Nowday the dews are sunny in the glass.

« Reply #5 on 13 Sept, 2007, 17:47 »
Quote: so Ikea made some money from you leh ? heheh.....good luck with the set-up, sorry, i`m not too good with indoor stuff.

how come you moved to Malacca ah ? go say Hi to Najwan.

I get it from last two year IKEA sale for RM59/49 to put in storeroom. Now clear out one rack for my lack of light environment.

With this move... I just realized that my Buzii was dead.

« Reply #6 on 13 Sept, 2007, 17:58 »For my poor VFT with lack of sunlight. Hope they can enjoy this chamber. My Red dragon brought from Kuching also become green dragon liao... Sad...

« Last Edit: 13 Sept, 2007, 18:00 by ericsow »Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on 13 Sept, 2007, 18:07 »Ok Eric, good to know my pet spatulatha is ok.....hopefully the other Cps will recover soon. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedpiscesilim
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on 13 Sept, 2007, 22:38 »I think your lighting got problem. Why not use flourescent light or PL light? I am using Phillips 865 for my aquatic plants. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedLimDavid
Administrator

« Reply #9 on 13 Sept, 2007, 23:08 »What lighings are you using and what is the wattage? Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlistcactustts
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on 13 Sept, 2007, 23:53 »Aiyo, your VFT looked like a dried green octopus. Just kidding, don't get offended. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedTSericsow

« Reply #11 on 14 Sept, 2007, 1:06 »piscesilim, david,
Previously I just depend on windowsilk light, and just change to use Philip Compact Fluorescent twist 18 Watt Cool daylight as I refer to most of the terrarium design. This suitable for my rack.

cactustts,
I was make a big SHOCK to my VFT with leaf cut and plant cut. Then lack of light at windowsilk. Now just build up this chamber to save them. So far I can see VFT leaf and trap grow well if compare to early.

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedDavid
Administrator

« Reply #12 on 14 Sept, 2007, 9:59 »Perhaps you might want to increase the number of lightings. Don think so the lighting is enough especially for your VFT and Drosera. Maybe add another 3 more of that Philip Compact Florencent twist 18 watt coll daylight and change tthe wattage to 40watt each. Just a suggestion.

Other than that I love the wooden shelf. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlistericsow

« Reply #13 on 14 Sept, 2007, 14:57 »
Quote: Perhaps you might want to increase the number of lightings. Don think so the lighting is enough especially for your VFT and Drosera. Maybe add another 3 more of that Philip Compact Florencent twist 18 watt coll daylight and change tthe wattage to 40watt each. Just a suggestion.

Other than that I love the wooden shelf.

David, thanks for your advise. I will increase the light when I found is needed. I am kind of people like to experience and improve it. Actually I am trying CFL first to better understanding how is it heat and light coverage.

I arrange Drosera and VFT under the lamp for strongest light. And Nepenthe on side with partially light and shadow.

« Reply #14 on 9 Jan, 2008, 10:02 »The light and space increased.

Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on 14 Jan, 2008, 13:07 »Eric...wah, expanding your indoor garden.......

i`m a bit scared tho` for the seleriana in the pot...you shake it dry rite after watering ? Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedericsow

« Reply #16 on 18 Jan, 2008, 12:58 »Ya, The T.seleriana will soap in water twice a month because ant like to build it as home. Then I will swing it like Malaysia eye to drop off water and put in the pot. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on 18 Jan, 2008, 15:30 »wah, you very talented to swing it like eye on malaysia. that`s a special skill. good to know the seleriana is well taken care of. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedkianliang87

« Reply #18 on 27 Mar, 2008, 19:12 »How is the plants doing? Mind sharing the light specs? Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedStudent who loves nature.kianliang87

« Reply #19 on 28 Mar, 2008, 13:31 »If your lights work, then i also don't wanna use 4 * 4ft FL lights....Too space consuming. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedStudent who loves nature.ericsow

« Reply #20 on 14 Apr, 2008, 23:54 »Hi kianliang87, welcome to Petpitcher. My plant all growing good under indoor light. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedkianliang87

« Reply #21 on 16 Apr, 2008, 0:51 »Hello,

At first i built 2 downlight just like yours. But it's not very bright in my opinion. So, after 2 days, i DIY another 3* 4f FL . Haha, cost me some fortune, since i don't have any income. But it's worth seeing them grow from seeds. I try to post some photos after exams. Wanted to post very long time ago. But didn't have the time and camera to do so. Hehe. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedStudent who loves nature.ericsow

« Reply #22 on 23 Apr, 2008, 20:40 »Alright, here is my chamber look now.

Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on 24 Apr, 2008, 9:17 »Eric, i`m just curious...what lights up the 2nd level of trays ? is there another light bulb which we can`t see from the pic or is it just the top lights travelling down ? Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedalienfx

« Reply #24 on 24 Apr, 2008, 9:47 »Looks like there is a gap on upper tray which lets some light to the below tray. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedameliepoulain
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on 24 Apr, 2008, 11:27 »Tarence, i remeber seeing that he has flourosence light installed below the 1st level to lit up the 2nd level. Using one of those plush casing that's plush to the surface.

am I correct Eric? Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedAthene's CP Growlist
Athene's Wishlist
tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on 24 Apr, 2008, 13:49 »Nifty then......Eric....we wait with bated breath for your reply. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedkianliang87

« Reply #27 on 24 Apr, 2008, 20:10 »Wow.Just using downlight and the plants look healthy to me. Very nice. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedStudent who loves nature.ericsow

« Reply #28 on 24 Apr, 2008, 20:12 »Gotcha Tarence,

There is two short 865 Fluorescent lamp tight below the tray.

Check this out from my older picture.

Next time I will train my light pass thur the water tray from level 2 to level 1 and name it David Copperfield light . Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on 25 Apr, 2008, 17:24 »Grrrr, okie, you got me.....neccessity is the mother of invention. heheh. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedcactustts
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on 25 Apr, 2008, 19:39 »Kian Liang,
I would suggest you to use PLL light, small (compared to FL) yet bright enough for plants, I use that for my planted tank, very effective yet economical. You will have to use a reflector to double up the light, I saw some overseas people used that with very impressive result especially for sundews and VFTs. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedTSkianliang87

« Reply #31 on 27 Apr, 2008, 19:59 »I had 2 last time, used for planted tank too. But sold to other MAC member already. Now i'm using 4 x 4ft FL since i have extra of all this at home(FOC). Hehe. I only bought the wires and bulb. The rest all take from store room. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedStudent who loves nature.