Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 19th September 2008, 04:19 PM
malowie

Default i dont know what to do with my miranda.

this sounds like a history story.

Three years ago, i bought this cute miranda.. with pitchers around 4 inches in length, and the stem was barely 5 inches long.. there was only one plant in the pot. in the process, it grew bigger ang bigger, producing pitchers up to 9 inches, and flowering non stop for several months, which i only started cutting off recently as i never knew flowering could stunt it growth a little.

it came in a pot which was 5 inches in diameter. a year later, i transplanted it to a 12 inch hanging pot, as the main stem was too long and there were 2 rosettes already growing vigorously. it blossomed.

and now, after bearing four two foot long stalks of flowers, its literally pitcherless!!! there are only about like 4 full pitchers. the other are half dried from peristome but still functioning. there are four stems, which are ery very long (2++ feet) but the plant has failed to form any basal rosettes so i resist the temptation to prune those long stems like i used to when there are established basal rosettes last time.

also, the pot seems to be really filled up with its fibrous roots. i need to water it twice a day or the substrate would go dry..

what should i do? im quite sad for it now as it was really one of the most beautiful nepenthes i had.. the days when it bore cool, big, healthy pitchers. do i prune the roots and repot it, or what?

thanks.. hope for your help!