Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 13th January 2012, 03:32 AM
Advisor

Default The definitive Nepenthes thorelii description

Hello,

After the rediscovery of Nepenthes thorelii in August 2011, 102 years after it was last studied by qualified botanists, I decided, with a few colleagues to publish a scientific article on this elusive endemic taxon.
With the help of Luu Hong Truong and Dang Viet Dai from the Institute of Tropical Biology of Ho-Chi-Minh City and Alastair Robinson, well known Nepenthes expert, we wrote and just published a definitive taxonomic account on this poorly known species. The paper also provides a lot of ecological data. You will be interested I'm sure to learn about all the life forms associated to N. thorelii.
I hope, after this publication, than people will have a clear understanding of the delimitations of that Vietnamese species.

Here are the references of the paper:
Mey, F. S., L. Hong Truong, V. D. Dang, A. Robinson (2012). Nepenthes thorelii Lecomte, an emended description and novel ecological data resulting from its rediscovery in Tay Ninh, Vietnam. New Nepenthes:104-131. In: S.R. McPherson. Redfern Natural History Productions Ltd. Poole. In press

The bibliography will be later added to the pdf.
http://carnivorousockhom.blogspot.co...-thorelii.html

All the best,

François.