Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 4th July 2010, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Ampullaria x Sibuyanensis: Tried and tested under terrarium lighting and heat

Yeah Kevyn and Marvin the plant is from Fauzi. Kevyn, I think the hybrid parent for ampullaria belongs to the 'Brunei Red' variety, hence the green streaks between the wings. I have one BE clone that looks so much like the amp x sibu. Same goes for the Gardentech. They might have used the same standard clone for many of the crosses. Would be interesting to see if it turns out to be fully red when mature.

Here's the latest update picture, the latest pitcher is at the right hand bottom. The 'Brunei Red' amp is the lowest pitcher at the bottom of pic.

This is the Gardentech with 3rd pitcher getting a little more reddish. Again notice the similarities between the two.

Marvin, so far it grows fine in the medium. It's the Fissiden moss that helps alot in providing more air spaces in the medium compared to LFS which keeps expanding and absorbing water. The cocochips also act like sponges to provide water when the water tray is dried out.

Alvin

Alvin's Green Blog
http://greengates.wordpress.com/