Read-Only Forum Archive
Thread: Hello greenies
View Single Post
Old 16th April 2010, 01:14 PM

Default Hello greenies

Hi friends.

My name is Rafiq. And I'm a 28 year old boy from Ampang. My main interest is keeping reptiles and invertebrates. Recently my direction in the hobby took a turn (for the good I hope!) and I had to let go of most of my invertebrates as well as reptiles. I am now left with keeping 6 blue tongue skinks, a planted tank and a native river fish tank. And owh, I also have a sad collection of 6 tillandsias.

I received my first tilly from funkychips (Alvin) in December 2008 and the interest grew for a while, but never to the point of adding much to what I gained in the first few months, perhaps because my hands were full with the pets' upkeeping. I still have to thank Alvin for giving me the first taste of the salt. My interest in tillandsias led me to this forum a couple of years back, and I've been stalking the threads every other month since.

I registered here today to dip my head deeper into the hobby. I would love to learn as much as my brain allows me to here. Would love to meet other tilly keepers as well.

P/s: I am new and fragile. Please be gentle. :P

Warm regards,
Rafiq.

My first tilly, a gift from funkychips - Tillandsia xerographica (late 2008)