Read-Only Forum Archive
Thread: My 1st project
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2011, 11:33 PM

Default Re: My 1st project

Quote:
Originally Posted by paphioboy View Post
Your first reason I think is unlikely to be cause of the plants not growing. The bulbs just emerged from dormancy and have not grown their new roots yet, so it should not matter if they are not planted in soil. I think the reason your bulbs failed to grow is that the humidity is too high, not too low. Bulbs can be kept cold (not below zero), but must be dry during dormancy. I do not know anybody who plants bulbs using the water tray method. the combination of low temperature and high humidity causes the fungus (from what I see appears to be common blue-green mould Penicillium) to grow..
not sure bout that,i made that reason base on the suggested sowing month for the bulbs on its packaging.so from my opinion,the bulbs should have been growing normally if i planted the bulbs on time,but that's not the case.I planted the bulbs 5-6 month late from the suggested month.And even i store the bulbs in the fridge without soil,the bulbs did grow their leaf shoot.the fungus grow during storage and i treated all the bulbs with fungicide before sowing.
I think u got the wrong idea about the water tray...i did not place the pot directly into the water tray,but what i do is to place a few plastic container fill with water into the fridge to help increase the humudity level.but my hygrometer still give me the same reading.low humidity.

just my opinion