Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 4th October 2009, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Plant Nurseries in Bangkok?

So, Chatuckuck turns out to be a plant paradise every Wed and Thurs. Even there are some do open during weekend, but $$$ is definitely not the wholesale's. The street itself lengths around 1km in a circle with two main exit. You can find all sorts of tropical plants there. Unfortunately only a hand full of stores offered CP. Most significantly, Nepenthes.

I found 3 stores offered Drosera and Dionaea (nearby JJ Mall exit). Not much in term of variety though. Hereby the compilation of CP offered there:

Pricing:
Small plant (3 'inch pot) = 50 Thai Baht
Medium plant (3 to 4 'inch pot) = + 170 Thai Baht
Large plant (4 to 5 'inch pot) = + 230 Thai Baht

Note: Large plant = matured Dionaea and Capensis. There were even some offered Dionaea were flowring.

Drosera:
Drosera Spatulata
Drosera Paradoxa
Drosera Ordensis
Drosera Capensis alba
Drosera Capensis red
Drosera Capensis typical
Drosera Aliciae
Drosera Capillaris

Dionaea:
As for Dionaea, only the typical type was found. Even there were some in "orange'sh" colouration, I believed it was due to the contribution of lighting factor, the owner knew nothing about it and wasn't able to clarify if there were different cultivation.

I also saw a huge number of plant nurseries along Ram Inthra highway (along Tesco Lotus and Crystal Park), unfornutely, due to time constraint, I wasn't able to visit them.

Just a side note: I was able to "smuggle" them back in hand carry luggage bag with ease.

Should anyone know there are other locations to check out CP in Bangkok, please nudge me as I'll be heading there again, soon.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvin555 View Post
Jason, if you don't mind please post an update of your success rate in getting CPs in BKK and where, for our reference. I hope to be able to visit some time in the future too and latest info from you would be nice.

Anyways last info I got is also Chatuchuck market, it's a huge market so you need to ask where the plants are being sold.

TTFN
Arvin