Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 24th September 2009, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Default Re: seed bank for petpitcher.net

Good thoughts and suggestions Adam. I agree with you... and I also agree that it will take alot of time to manage. Will need some sort of database to keep track of member's seed donation and the amount of seeds they've received within the calendar year.

We can charge a minimal amount (below market price) for the seeds plus postage costs. Those who donate do not need to purchase the seeds or pay for postage. ICPS is also not charging those who donate seeds but I think they still charge postage fees.

I think it can work if we do not charge postage fees as well for those who donate seeds. Since we are collecting some funds from those who did not donate. We can use that fund to pay for the envelope and postage for those who donate to the seed bank.

Perhaps charge those who did not donate RM1.00 per packet? This amount would not discourage members from purchasing the seeds since it is very minimal. If you donate 3 packets of seeds and get one packet free, the seed bank would have RM2 from the sale of the other 2 packets. This would be able to cover the cost of packing and posting the one packet to the person who donates the seeds. It can work!

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - A Kenyan Proverb