Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2010, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Evaporative Cooling Green House

Hi CJ,
Thanks for your input, appreciated. Yes, theoretically speaking, evaporative cooling will work best when you have lower RH. However putting theory aside for a moment, EP and folks from Thailand managed to do it with the results to show, there might be some adjustment needed to make to increase the cooling effect (maybe with the addition of extra air cond unit to supplement the cooling instead of using it solely to cool the green house).

There's a difference between evaporative cooler compared to the evaporative pads used in the green house. The latter used evaporative cooling pads on the wall of the green house instead of using a evaporative cooler (like a fan). I'm guessing the performance might be better using evaporative cooling pads since the evaporation area will be greater.

We still need inputs from people that have actually done it to get a better idea how good it work in tropical countries. I'm optimistic that this technology may help to create more nep hybrids with H/L to intermediate parentage in L/L tropical growing environment. I won't be surprise to see new nep hybrids with such parentage coming out from Thailand in the next few years...