Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 1st September 2009, 12:18 AM

Default Request for info contribution from members

Hi everyone, I hope you guys have noticed that we are trying to get the database going by opening up topics about cultivation guides of each species and hybrids of Nepenthes.

If you will notice, it is all I that have started the topics so far, I hope you guys understand that I am not at all a moderator or anything or heck I am not in charge about this. I am just a fellow member that is excited to get this thing going, because this will surely help everyone else.

I would like to ask the help of others, specially the experienced growers to please make a new topic about cultivating your favorite species or species you feel you are more knowledgable with. So that it is standardized, please start the topic with the following:

Title of topic: (Species/hybrid name) cultivation guide

Then please include the following information as best we can:

Name:
Highland/Lowland:
Country of Origin:
Natural Habitat:
Described by:

Cultivation Guide
Lighting:
Potting Medium:
Temperature:
Humidity:
Watering:
Propagation:

Remarks:

For Hybrids please use template:

Hybrid Name:
Parents:
Highland/Lowland:
Man Made / Natural Hybrid:
Country of Origin:
Natural Habitat:

Cultivation Guide
Lighting:
Potting Medium:
Temperature:
Humidity:
Watering:
Propagation:
Remarks:

Please note that you don't have to know all the details, other members can chime in and put in details that were missed or were unknown at first.

I ask you guys this because I don't consider myself an expert grower yet and I don't want to start topics on species that I am still a newbie of cultivating and specially those that I have no experience at all!

TTFN
Arvin