Read-Only Forum Archive
Thread: VFT problem
View Single Post
Old 4th August 2011, 04:19 AM

Default VFT problem

Hi, i have a problem with my VFT which is that when i replanted it the soil started to rot or create fungus, i dont exactly know what that thing on the superficial part of the soil is. My concern is that maybe it will reach the rhyzome and it will kill the plant.
Facts:the plants stays on the 8th floor outside all the time and when the time gets harsh like windy i get her inside near the window.
I only give her distiled water and only in the water tray, in every morning, only so much that the superficial part of the soil doesnt get wet enough for the pest problem to grow, at least not that fast.
Outside the temperature is around 30*C, but she got 35*C aswell in some days.
She never runs out of water or gets dry.
Before i replanted it in this soil she had a very good time, but she only stayed on the window, never in the place she is right now, but i strongly believe that it's not this the problem she's sick.
The soil is Acid Peat from the store, nothing else.
And here are some pictures:

Mother plant:

Her kids:

I wait for your response as fast as u can, i don't want her do die, me and my gf have her for almost a year and she's like a live pet to us....
Thanks in advance!
P.S.: She had worse time two weeks ago but now she seems to get a bit bit better, but i dont want to count on this. Some mold can be seen at the base of the leaves, white.