Read-Only Forum Archive
Thread: Poaching
View Single Post
Old 14th September 2009, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Poacher

cpnut, yes that is the one to go with if ever. They have one project already on going against a pipeline project. If the petpitcher group is part of this organization or at least one or two members are members, then you can put forward your concerns with Nepenthes through this organization which has a bigger voice.

In my opinion however, it is best when both parties find a mutually beneficial solution to a problem, rather than hard standing. For example if that pipeline crossed an important nepenthes habitat, of course the first stand is to be a "hard stand", NO! But then one can also find a middle ground and say, okay, show us where you will construct, and then leave the rest of the parts to be protected, and help with the relocation of any plants that will be affected by the construction. Something to that effect.

Of course this time I am talking like an idealist

Yes I agree, the law seemed to have been written against poachers and collectors only, but construction and destruction of the habitat by projects is not really indicated and protected from.

TTFN
Arvin