Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes > Nepenthes ID Corner

Nepenthes ID Corner Post a picture and description of your plant for members to help identify for you

Old 10th September 2008, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Wanna know their scientific name...Tanx!!

Hi! Arvin…Thanks for ur instruction…
Actually I already put all the small Neps in one tray. I dun put tray for big Neps because their bottom pots already have cover which can retain water. Then I put my Sarra, VFT and Drosera in two trays. Before that, the seller call me put water tray for Neps if I put outside because scare the sphagnum moss will dry when hot day.

Ya! I every morning and evening will go check all the CPs and their tray. I also call my maid help me check it when raining or too hot.

Actually in front of my house has a good sunlight, that means the strong sunshine from morning to evening. I dun put my Sarra and VFT out because that place really too hot and maybe will hurt by rain drop. Many plants also become dried up because that strong sunshine.

Haha!! Dad sure cant take of some of those roofing or change. He already concede to me and let me plant CPs..That place which I put Cps also is his idea. Maybe will try get permission 1st.Hehe!!

Anyway, thanks a lot!!
Old 10th September 2008, 04:23 PM

That time I forgot to water my sarra and drosera it was horrible. The new leaves of the sarra are soft and wilting and the drosera is dewless and droppy flowers. Then I put them both inside a container with filtered water and take my time bathing. Then, when I got down to look at my CP....my drosera was floating on the water with the sphagnum nicely intact(like a person in a boat) and the Sarra was half submerge. This did the trick. The sarra's leaves harden and the drosera produced dew again.
Old 10th September 2008, 09:27 PM

Hi! Plantlover…
That’s why I quite scare and sure check my CPs before and after I working. I really dun want my CPs in terrible condition..cant imagine that time….I will change the water of tray everyday. Will brush the tray if get a few “dirty things” grow. Although feel very tire but still need do not..If not, my cps sure will go heaven one day. Haha!! I more worry when raining especially my droserra and ping…need to move here move there..quite tire!!!
Old 11th September 2008, 02:12 PM

I almost neglet my plants and they grow more robust unless it is ultrahot.