Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes > Nepenthes ID Corner

Nepenthes ID Corner Post a picture and description of your plant for members to help identify for you

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd May 2010, 05:35 PM

Default Curious Nepenthes....

Hi all, today I went along the LONG, LONG road in sungai buloh where many nurseries are there. As my mother was looking for some fountains and statues, I took the opportunity to have a peek in some of the nurseries I passed by.

Further down the road, a particular nursery caught my eye. Lot 61 had quite a number of neps that were very easy to see from the car. So I got down and browsed through the neps that were available.

There were n. xdyeriana, n. rafflesiana, n. xmiranda, n. xventrata and....what's this?? On first look, I thought of ventrata, but after a more thorough examination, NO, it certainly isn't ventrata.

Name:  028.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  61.2 KB
This is the plant now in my home. This is the largest pitcher.

Name:  026.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  53.8 KB
3 pitchers in line.

Name:  027.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  78.1 KB
The whole plant.

I bought the plant for RM25. Taking a look, I think it has some albo traits in it. The interior is green, very similar to albomarginata. The pitchers are squat, but dark (looks nearly black!), kind of reminding me of albo. But without the white ring below the peristome, it definitely isn't just albo. What's more, the peristome is more developed compared to albomarginata. The peristome is like ventricosa's.

Please help me in IDing. Never seen this nep before, much less in sungai buloh nurseries. TIA

Check out my Grow-list and my Twitter page!