Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes

Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Old 9th February 2009, 11:26 AM

Default Share ur experience on N. x Cemerlang

Hi everyone

Just now was just sreaming through MT's site and was actually finding if they sell N tentaculata soo while searching couldn't find it and then i saw a pic of they're N x Cemerlang /N veitchii x fusca which has some nice sized pitchers probally around 20-25cm with nice red peristrome...So far mine has produced only pitchers with size of 10-13cm tall and only 1 pitcher had its peristrome turn red... And also they stated that it is a highlanders soo should i grow it as a highlander with my rajah or just stick to my balcony enviroment?Some of you guys should have this plant so just asking what you do with them..

Ken

Nepenthes.....The king of CPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To all drosera and sarra etc etc lovers don't kill me

Last edited by Amelie.Poulain; 16th February 2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Share ur experience on N x Cemerelang

Hi Ken, although I haven't tried N x cemerlang in my collection, I just wanna share my growing xperience with N hurrelliana x veitchii, and N albmarginata x veitchii. The hurrell. x veit. is a free pitchering plant in my case, altho slow growing, the pitchers frequently maintain index finger size, never larger than that. The albo x veit. however is a fussy thing, disrupting its own pitcher output whenever it is moved away for more than a yard's distance. Until now I still fail to understand why this happens. Same goes with raff x veitchii (Dicksoniana).

Alvin's Green Blog
http://greengates.wordpress.com/
Old 9th February 2009, 03:15 PM

Hi Funky

Well so far mine like yours is producing pitchers on every leaf but no big pitchers yet............

Ken

Old 9th February 2009, 07:40 PM

Fusca and veitchii are both hardy plants so you should not have any problem growing this hybrid.
They will show you the red colourtion when they get mature.Wait Ken...wait.
Old 9th February 2009, 08:16 PM

Hi Ali

Waited and so far only 1 pitcher shows mature charateristics...The size of the plant is around from leaf tip to leaf tip is 33cm around a foot and the height of the stem of this compact grower is 8cm.....So its around M-L sized plant i guess.....Anyways so far its pitchering nicely i'm just thinking if i could possibly give it highland conditions so it could do better.

Ken

Old 9th February 2009, 10:34 PM
Advisor

Hi all,

Just sharing on those three with veitchii parentage.
First veitchii x hurreliana is actually just plain veitchii LL got no hurrel in it. Yes, funkychips experienced are the same as mine, they don't like to be moved around, once you got the right spot keep them there.

It took me a year to get first pitcher for veitc x albo, as for veit x raff still stuck up to now (was pitchering fine till I moved it a bit) almost 6 months now.

Second thing, as they got veitchii parentage so they like to have dry period in between watering and they like to have bigger chunks media for the roots to grow well.

Mine got direct sunlight only morning from 7:00 till 10:00 am and for the rest of the day just bright light, I kept them away from direct rain from top.

And very true, be patience gave it more time, the veitchii grows better and better pitchers over time.

Ed