Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes > Nepenthes Of Peninsular Malaysia

Nepenthes Of Peninsular Malaysia Field trip, documentry and pictures of Nepenthes in their natural habitat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th January 2009, 08:41 PM
Senior Global Moderator

Default Trip to Terengganu and Kelantan

This is an old thread posted on Jul 18, 2007, 9:58pm .

I did go to Terengganu for wild Betta hunting trip with Mr. Horst Linke (A Germany author for a book called Labyrinth Fish) last year. But I missed the place of Betta stigmosa because I join the trip on the second day. After that, I always plan to have a trip to Terengganu.

And 1 month before, I talk to Zahar (A wild Betta enthusiast who live in Terengganu) about the Terengganu trip. Then he told me that Michael Lo(A adventurer and photographer from Kuching) was planning a Terengganu trip too. Zahar suggested me to join him...

That's how the last week trip happened.

First day, I reached Jerteh at 4.30 am, a very early morning. I supposed to go straight to Kuala Terengganu, but the ticket from Butterworth to Kuala Terengganu was sold out. I waited there for about 2 hours, then I took a first bus from Jerteh to Kuala Terengganu at 7.00 am.
At that time, Michael already reached Kuala Terengganu. But from Jerteh to Kuala Terengganu, need about 2 hours. So, Michael and Zahar took breakfast first while waiting for me.

9.00 am, I reached Kuala Terengganu Bus station, Zahar and Michael came and fetched me for breakfast. After having the breakfast with Nasi goreng, we went straight to a waterfall near Kuala Berang.

There are a lot of flora and fauna around this waterfall.

Some nice moss.

Metallic blue plant!!

Unknown plant

Last edited by piscesilim; 5th January 2009 at 12:26 AM.