Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes

Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Old 2nd November 2009, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Default Re: CAR ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!

Apartment/Condo living has general rules for not placing potted plants at the edge of balconies etc. If you do it, please secure it properly. Like Arvin say if it hits a car you will definitely get into trouble. Trouble that will cost money. But worst case scenario if it hits someone's head, you would be deeper trouble. You need to secure it to the edge for the safety of your neighbors and residents living in your apartment/condo as well.

Anyway, I feel sad for you looking at the condition of your truncata. We'll wait an see after you treat it like what Arvin suggested. Hope it will revive for you. Keep us updated yaa.

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - A Kenyan Proverb
Old 2nd November 2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Didn't you have a similar accident some time ago? (or maybe someone else) I think the best way is to prevent the same thing from happening again, if you put your plants on the ledge, then find a way to prevent them from falling. Some kind of rail?

Please be careful because the other way might also happen, if your plant falls and hits a vehicle then that vehicle gets damaged or gets in more accident, you might get in trouble too. So it goes both ways.
No not me..

Quote:
Like Arvin say if it hits a car you will definitely get into trouble. Trouble that will cost money. But worst case scenario if it hits someone's head, you would be deeper trouble. You need to secure it to the edge for the safety of your neighbors and residents living in your apartment/condo as well.

Anyway, I feel sad for you looking at the condition of your truncata. We'll wait an see after you treat it like what Arvin suggested. Hope it will revive for you. Keep us updated yaa.
I dun think it'll hurt anybody....Very small only la....I hang my bigger neps which will absalutely not fall unless there some tornado...I think it'll recover...it's only got scratches...So now I'm really scared...should I give it fullsun if it recovers?
Old 2nd November 2009, 05:12 PM

Once it fully recovers, you gotta slowly get it used to more and more sunlight...How much roots left on the poor thing? And the stem and shoot centre suffers from any crushing?
Old 2nd November 2009, 06:49 PM

I don't think so but the stem kinda split a bit...Very little roots
Old 2nd November 2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin1997 View Post
I don't think so but the stem kinda split a bit...Very little roots
Well, nepenthes truncata are tough... Hope it recovers quickly.
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:11 PM
Administrator

It this nep do make it, you have to name it N. "Die Hard" truncata.... Wish you all the best.
Old 10th November 2009, 01:43 AM

It's look crush down by wheels. I think i can survive if you can mentain well humidity. Good luck
Old 12th November 2009, 01:15 AM

OMG so sry to hear that... best bet would be to cut off all the damaged parts and repot it very nicely and make sure its well watered and kept in high humidity and hope for the best.. and then to keep all of yur plants away for the the balcony