Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > MEMBERS CORNER > Introduction

Introduction Introduce and tell us a little about yourself

Old 17th August 2008, 11:03 PM

Cool Hi! Nice to meet u all...

Name: Lan
Work: Internal Marketing
CPs: Nepenthes
Growing: Outdoor
Hehe!! I am jackaroo…Although I am bachelor in forestry and did my thesis in tissue culture before, but I never touch Cps b4….My home just keep some plants such as dessert rosess, cactus, cycas revoluta, flowers and others…4 dogs and 3 turtles.. Today morning I went the exhibition of plant, My dad bought the 2 types of nepenthes, I felt very happy . Before that, my dad dun allow me buy CPs because he feel they very ugly…but I feel they very cute and special . That seller, Eric Leong, very nice and teach me how to plant Cps, he also introduce this forum to me…Haha!! I am very happy today !!! Today is my 1st day plant nepenthes, feel very enjoyable and wonderful..so I make a decision want to go buy a new species again .. Dionaea.. .Sarracenia…but…cannot let dad know 1st ..If not, sure get scold ...haha!!

Anyway..I feel very happy to meet u all and participate in this forum!!

Old 18th August 2008, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Hi! Nice to meet u all...

Welcome Lan! This is a very friendly forum, and you will learn a lot from the experienced CP gurus here.

So you did your thesis on tissue culture? Do you do tissue culture as a hobby now? I tried tissue culture with some droseras before, but it did not turn out well. (contamination )

Could you also share which nepenthes you have?
Old 18th August 2008, 07:15 AM
Advisor
Senior Global Moderator

welcome to the forum Lan.
Old 18th August 2008, 10:20 AM

Hai Lan,
Welcome..i think it is probably xmiranda and xventrata.
Hope you can get more plants...
Old 18th August 2008, 11:42 AM
Administrator

WeLCoMe to forum!!! CP is nice and cute plant. You must poison yours dad slowly... Please share with us more about TC. Especially kitchen TC.
Old 18th August 2008, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Welcome Lan my fellow Penang CP lover. Looks like Penang cp brotherhood (sisterhood) is growing fast. Keep in touch friend.
Old 18th August 2008, 01:05 PM

Hi! Strath76, Aliamyz, Caseyhoo, Bctrus..Nice to meet u all…

Aliamyz, Oh!! xmiranda and xventrata? I also no know..I will take their photo and need u all help me to identify them when I free..hehe!!!
Tanx! I will try get more plants…but cant let dad know 1st..haha!

Caseyhoo, haha!! U quite funny…Ok! I will poison my dad slowly…He more like tree and dessert rose…Nvm..I will get more Cps myself 1st…If he scold, I also dun care liao!! Haha!
Ooops! U also interested in TC! If people no know TC, they sure think TC is very boring and waste the time..But if we can good result, we sure very happy and enjoy it. I did my thesis on tissue culture.. Before that, I dun want do this title because I never touch it before. But my supervisor call us to learn and will get the fun if we enjoy it. 1st, my supervisor let us learn how to culture orkid. After that, I use the leaf of 3 variety Labisia pumila andthe seed of 3 variety Hibiscus cannabinusfor my thesis.

Kitchen TC is designed and equipped to carry out all general tissue culture and provides consultation and technical services to investigators. Micropropagation involves the mass production of plants, from small parts (such as shoot tips, axillary buds, nodes, rhizomes) in sterile controlled environments. The major steps in plant TC involve: Establishing an explant in a sterile culture environment free of contamination from bacteria and fungi, Inducing a proliferation of multiple shoots or callus, then transferring these shoots to fresh media to induce further growth, after that rooting in vitro or in soil, last acclimating the plantlets to the outside environment.

Ban Aik…Yaloh…I feel I very stupid loh …I already stay at Penang so many years, but I just know got so many ppl interested in Cps yesterday..Aii…I also just know get the CPs seller in Botanical Garden…Although I already move to Juru,BM..I will get more plants when go Pg..haha!!
Sure keep in touch!!
Old 18th August 2008, 12:25 PM

Cool Re: Hi! Nice to meet u all...

Hi! Marigoldsfail! Nice to meet u too…

Yup…really is a very friendly forum..I just post yest9, today already got 5 friendly people reply me liao…hehe..right..this is the nice place to let me learn a lot from the experienced CP gurus…

Yup! I did my thesis on tissue culture..1st, my supervisor let us learn how to culture orkid. After that, I use the leaf of 3 variety Labisia pumila andthe seed of 3 variety Hibiscus cannabinusfor my thesis. For Labisia pumila, I also get many contamination result. Luckily I get good result and many callus of Hibiscus cannabinus.

U said that u get contamination of droseras, I think is that sterilization or technique not suitable for droseras. But mostly is sterilization problem. So what parts of droseras that u use to culture?

I now dun do tissue culture as my hobby, because dun have any culture room in my hometown. I did tissue culture at University in Kuala Lumpur. Very sorriness about it….

Hehe!! I still new with Cps …So I also no know my nepenthes is what variety..I will take their picture and share with u when I free…Because I am working now…haha!! Cant chatting liao..If not, sure get boss scold…

Have a nice day!!