Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > MEMBERS CORNER > Interaction

Interaction General chit chat area.

Old 7th May 2010, 11:11 AM

Default Re: GA3

Hi Allen, there are types of GA3 in local market. Pure 90%, pure 99%, 95% in Potassium Salt; just to name a few. To get the right GA3, you would need to purchase those that are plant cell culture tested. Otherwise, they don't pose any impact on seeds germination rate.

If you're buying GA3 in liquid form, it's an inevitable fact that someone's tying to corn you. Due to its nature chemical structure, GA3 is not a stable compound while be in aqeous manner. All GA3 is synthesized in solid powder or commercially, pellet. GA3 should be kept with drying agent in view it should decompose shortly after exposure to moisture. Upon dilution, GA3 solution should not be kept more than 2 days. Maximum 3 days in refrigerator as I've experienced.

GA3 does not promote flowering. It aids, but does not. You would have to play with phytohormones ratio such as auxins and cytokinins to get pre-mature flowering plant.

In CP application, GA3 cannot be applied directly to plant. Such conclusion is made as CP plant cell structure is totally different that others we come to know. Inducing GA3 to CP will cause the plant to mutate. For example, long petiole with deformed traps on VFT. Flappy giant green leaf on sundew etc. As such, GA3 application on CP is only restricted to seeds germination.

Commercial price for GA3 is whooping expensive. A 5g 99% Gibberellic Acids that is plant cell culture intended can cost you MYR800.00. Depends on dilution factor, 5g of GA3 can only make 500ppm acid solutions for few times.

Unless you're trying to germinate CP seeds in bulk for commercial purposes, or on extremely rare exotic plant seeds. Otherwise, I don't see the needs to spend a fortune on that. There are other alternative to break seeds dormancy other than using GA3. By the way, your calculation formula is incorrect.
Old 7th May 2010, 03:44 PM

Wow they mutate CPs!! Expensive too..
Old 7th May 2010, 06:07 PM

Har....me just copy and paste what information on the website...sorry for the wrong information that i have post.....hehe, hmm....looks like there really no point trying GA3 unless i got a lot of seeds, sad....