Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > MEMBERS CORNER > Interaction

Interaction General chit chat area.

Old 31st August 2009, 10:07 PM

Talking Betta!

Hey everybody,I've got a new pet!A betta fish!Got this little cutie for RM20!Look at pictures first comment later:
Picture 948.jpg

Picture 949.jpg

Picture 950.jpg

Picture 951.jpg
Old 31st August 2009, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Betta!

Nice color Melvin, I used to be active with bettas. I'd like to offer a bit of feedback.

1. If you want to take photos of your pet, use strong enough overhead lighting so that your camera will use a faster shutter speed.

2. Try using a mirror or another betta so that it will flare and fight against the other bettta so that you can take photo of it flaring.

3. If you can, try looking for the Plakat type betta, they are shorter finned but I feel they are more beautiful But then again that is only me.

nice pet!

TTFN
Arvin
Old 31st August 2009, 10:51 PM

K.Thanks for the tips! What about half-moon? What is mine? and how to prevent stress?
Old 31st August 2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin1997 View Post
K.Thanks for the tips! What about half-moon? What is mine? and how to prevent stress?
If you are not hardworking type of person, go into half-moon later, they require lot of water change and larger space to swim around, like arvin said, you got to take a photo of it in full flaring, means that it's fin open up fully to judge whether it is a half-moon or super delta(fail to developed into half-moon and will never be). Preventing stress...well you can try to put a piece of dried indian almond leaves into the water to lower the water ph slowly, hope this help

from what i see...the anal fin(the fin at the bottom) looks a bit like crown tail but the caudal fin(the one at the tail) doesn't looks like crowntail...seems like it's...not sure what to tell you...depends on where you get it
Old 1st September 2009, 10:48 AM

I agree with Cway! Unfortunately chances are you have a super Delta that has some crowntail genes in it as Cway said. Personally I love the shape of the traditional plakat more, but also because Halfmoons are so hard to take care off and some do not even actually swim right anymore because of the oversized fins

Yes Indian Almond leaves (dried) or called Ketapang leaves make sure they are fully dried and crispy, depends on how big your aquarium is, you can put 2 inch diameter to 4 inch diameter for starters, the color will turn brownish which is ideal.

Do not worry in trying to make it flare from time to time, it does not stress them, well it does but it is like exercise stress.

TTFN
Arvin
Old 1st September 2009, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Half moon takes a lot of efford. This is Delta right?

Marvin, goto www.bettasocietymalaysia.com.my they have betta Sunday this weekend. Get in touch. Make sure you have time for your studies as these hobbies can consume lots of time.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:26 PM

20RM oh men I can get it with 2 RM can you believe it ?
Old 1st September 2009, 06:10 PM

Today it was at the bottom thrashing around zzzz After i fed it(two falkes and morning and two flakes at around 5 p.m.,is it okay?)it stopped.Too active.....Is it normal?An I need to know (1)When to change the water.(2)Where to get the leaves?TIA.Took the pictures again(fourth picture is the best):
Picture 958.jpg

Picture 960.jpg

Picture 961.jpg

Picture 962.jpg
Old 1st September 2009, 08:30 PM

long tail type, change every two day, try to keep the top half of the water every time you change water, just clear those dirt at the bottom.

for those leaves, they are everywhere, just need to recognise the tree and leaves shape will do, try this page out http://www.bettasocietymalaysia.com.....php?f=14&t=45

lastly, sorry to tell you that, some how you are con...rm20 for this fella, well not the market value of it
Old 1st September 2009, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Ketapang leaf

http://images.google.com.my/images?h...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

All about my Carnivorous Plants experience
http://carnivorousplants.wordpress.com

My Grow list
https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=679