Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > MEMBERS CORNER > Interaction

Interaction General chit chat area.

Old 4th July 2009, 01:50 PM

Default GOLDFISH!!!

Hello everyone.........Today i just got some new goldfish as i thought i would give it a try again since well the last time i had it....Didn't go that well...I don't really expect that much from this batch but i wanna try my best.....I have no experience with goldfish whatsoever..I just put anti chlorine in the water which is what i always do to the other fishes (which got called home by the lord during my 2 weeks holiday) I bought 3 types...My aquarium is really small and obviously they are cramped but oh well.....I know 2 of the fishes ID but 1 i don't know....Whoever knows anything bout them please teach me Here are some pics

Black Moor Goldfish

ID???

Pearlscale

Thanks for viewing :1 thumbup:

Ken

Nepenthes.....The king of CPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To all drosera and sarra etc etc lovers don't kill me
Old 4th July 2009, 05:46 PM

Default Re: GOLDFISH!!!

Wow,so cute the no ID!looks like a balloon.Not a expert in fishes except I like to eat raw salmon.
Old 4th July 2009, 10:12 PM

Hi,
I have a lot of goldfish. I feed them in aquarium, weed will grow well with them heheee... mine can't feed with out weed ! Weed give them oxygen...
Old 5th July 2009, 02:05 PM

neat fish

Old 5th July 2009, 03:19 PM

I have a filter sooo i hope that keeps the water running...I'm not sure but does a filter produce oxygen in any ways???I guess so since after 4 years all my fishes can survive...(Other than goldfish)

Old 5th July 2009, 04:02 PM

cool !!
Old 7th July 2009, 11:03 AM

Thanks Tranminh...Just another question....Considering i have green algae on the rocks of my aquarium and just some small dots of algae on the glass..Do they actually provide anything to the fish??? Food?? Oxygen??

Old 8th July 2009, 03:54 PM

Ken,
No expert on Goldfishes but have been keeping fishes for a long time. I think your second goldfish is a Ryukin mixed with a Lionhead. Goldfishes can practically eat 24 hrs a day but you should only feed them once or at most twice a day as they also poop a lot and there's where the trouble starts; Nitrogen build up, etc. Each feeding should have the food consumed within 5 minutes. Anything more then that means you could be over feeding. water turns murky, smells and bacteria sets in.
Diseases like "white crown" will start on the Lionheads, scales could "bulge" out of the body, fin and tail will red vein and rot, etc. Have limited number of fishes in your tank as yu have to remember that they will grow bigger.

The algae serves no purpose and should be removed if you want to have clean environment. And above all, PLEASE DO NOT put in any of those "Bandaraya" (Plecotomas) fish where it is supposed to clean up the waste in the tank(hence the moniker). These guys will attack the more docile fishes given time.

As long as your filter is working, there should be sufficient O2. Dont know if your filter is the overhead type or the underwater corner type. Either way, as long as it is working there is no problem.
Goldfishes can become air breathers for a limited period of time so the best is to have a stand-by battery operated air pump in case of electrical failure.

Another thing; noticed you have gravel at your bottom of the tank for aesthetic reasons. Better to remove them as they trap unfinished food and poop thus leadingto bacteria build up again.

Note that TNB is currently having scheduled maintenance through out the country where power is cut off from 2 to 7 hrs! Check with www.tnb.com.my to see if your area is affected and at what date.
Old 8th July 2009, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Maybe direct your questions to http://www.myfishforum.com/gold-fish-forum/ or my-mac.net there are from many goldfish experts there
Old 8th July 2009, 11:46 PM

Hi BA....Thanks....you must be very experience....Anyways yeah as for the limited tank thingy...I already got trashed around by being called a person torturing fishes and should not take care of them..Which i agree partly (the torturing due to limited space) My filter is overhead...It sucks up water from the bottom and fountains it down..I use to have bandaraya fish and not only did they not clean up the place but they attacked the goldfishes i had years back...Anyways i hope i can keep this goldfish for some time..At least a longer period than last time..