Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes

Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Old 22nd July 2009, 09:08 AM

Default Back from vacation, some shots from the GH...DUW

Well, i was worried about leaving my plants for those 2 1/2 weeks....
but damn, they have done so well and grown so much since then, so here are some photos....
So we will start with some pings....
My first Ping flower,
P. xTitan, this plant came from xvart over a year ago id say now as a gift....as a small plant, its since taken off and provided me many baby plants. and its finally flowered for me

P. esseriana and a P. xSethos in the corner, the P. esseriana is finally flowering for me as well

P. agnata also flowering for me, twice :D and some stylidium debile flowers sneaking in

Speaking of Stylidium debile....

And they just keep flowering.....

VFT b52 showing some larger traps

Dentate traps flower

Well i guess its nep time now huh....
Well, N. maxima-dark x talangensis plant 1 EP seedgrown

N. maxima-dark x talangensis plant 2 EP seedgrown

My N. muluensis x lowii is finally pitchering for me after....well forever it seems....2 inflating, another on the way

N. maxima x xTrusmadiensis plant 1 EP seedgrown, i will update on plant 2 when its pitcher opens

Its toothy, its striped....its red... and its got some size on it,
N. truncata x xTrusmadiensis new pitcher

N. jamban is starting to pitcher for me as well

N. ventricosa x angasanensis
this plant has 2 growth points, its a cutting from max....and its starting to throw out 3 pitchers on the top growth, 2 on the second

N. ventricosa from Andy getting some size on it, internode distance is beginning to increase....

N. copelandii cutting from Zero

N. spectabilis north sumatra flower

N. xVentrata (this plant just never did anything in the window, but now its inflating 5 or 6 pitchers)

Aaaaand last but not least, a couple pots full of D. capensis 'red' (not very red because they are in the shade with my neps and pings lol)

Old 22nd July 2009, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Back from vacation, some shots from the GH...DUW

Yeah, I know what you mean about leaving your plants for a while. All of my adelae and a pot of mutifida managed to die in the 2 weeks I was gone. At least you came home to a happy picture. I wish I had half the collection you have.
Old 22nd July 2009, 06:09 PM
Senior Advisor

Guess I got lucky too! Although I DID install and automated misting system in the greenhouse and nursery before leaving for 7 out of the last 10 weeks! Came back to find a bunch of plug trays of Drosera/Byblis have germinated! More of them than when I'm here worrying over them day and night!
All your plants look happy and healthy SirKristof! I love the baby Pings popping up through the sphagnum. You guys kill me with your "not-a-single-bug-bite" plants! I wish I could keep my plants looking like that!
~Shawn
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnintland View Post
Guess I got lucky too! Although I DID install and automated misting system in the greenhouse and nursery before leaving for 7 out of the last 10 weeks! Came back to find a bunch of plug trays of Drosera/Byblis have germinated! More of them than when I'm here worrying over them day and night!
All your plants look happy and healthy SirKristof! I love the baby Pings popping up through the sphagnum. You guys kill me with your "not-a-single-bug-bite" plants! I wish I could keep my plants looking like that!
~Shawn
Lol thanks Shawn
I dont have a misting system, i go in there a few times a day and spray em or mist em....
They are in a spot where they are shaded from when the sun comes over the tree line at 10AM till around 4PM when the sun comes directly into my GH for about 2-3 hours, then its back to shaded sun.
They seem to love it, and i have no idea how much longer the not-a-single-but-bite thing will last
there are a ton of slug trails on a few of my plants but not a single bite....
i think they know what id do to em. lol

And thanks alcran, most of my plants are small so its not very impressive, but they are starting to put on some size out there in that GH
ill get pics of some of my other plants sometime soon.
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
And thanks alcran, most of my plants are small so its not very impressive, but they are starting to put on some size out there in that GH
ill get pics of some of my other plants sometime soon.
So are most of my plants. I've only been in it for 2 years. I started out with 3 inch plants. The only one that has any size is the truncata.
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:17 AM

Yeah, ive been in to CPs for a year and a half, but only about 3/4 of a year of that has been dedicated to neps....
Most of my plants are in the 3-6" range
then ive got some adult plants, but nothing special really.