Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Old 1st July 2008, 02:22 PM

Default Drosera and Nepenthes documentary download

Hi,

Whoever seeded the Drosera Torrent, I would like to thank you, I was able to download it already. I hope that someone does seed the Nepenthes torrent though, as there is no movement in that.

To pass it forward, I will be seeding the drosera torrent at mininova until for maybe 1 or two people or if there is no interest after a month.

I do hope that someone can seed the Nepenthes documentary though.

TTFN
Arvin

ps. this is a legitimate free documentary download so please do not hesitate to download if interested.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:26 AM
Senior Advisor

Default Re: Drosera and Nepenthes documentary download

Hi Arvin555

I just finished downloading "drosera.documentary.carnivorous.plants.fs.dvdrip. xvid-huntingveggies.avi" from DVD drip. It is a flim by the (I think) German/Austrian guys having to do with what they have named 'snap tenticles' and has a lot of magnified views showing their 'new' discoveries about Drosera. I've only watched the first 10 minutes or so but I'd say it's worth downloading. If you have trouble finding it let me know.
Shawn
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:00 PM
Senior Advisor

I just found a place that you can download the DVD direct from the makers for free! I finished watching it this afternoon and can recommend it. Some great macro and USB micro photography/video work and a thorough explanation of 'snap tentacles', their mechanics, evolution and later geographic distribution. As a bonus, at the end there's a little bit of another DVD they did at Rob Cantley's Borneo Exotics.
Here's the link;
http://www.hartmeyer.de/DVD_Downloads_GB.htm

Shawn
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:51 PM

Shawn, thanks for the info, I actually was able to download the drosera documentary too, did you download it using Mininova? I think we were downloading it at the same time, again thanks to the one that "seeded" it.

However I am having problems with the Nepenthes documentary, I visited the website that you mentioned but can't find any link to a free download for the Nepenthes documentary, can you please post the exact URL?

There is also the Borneo exotic one, but I'll download it next time I'm hoping to watch the Nepenthes one first.

Oh and yes I enjoyed the drosera Snap tentacle documentary, specially coz I have a D. Spatulata and trying to germinate D. Burmanii.

TTFN
Arvin
Old 4th July 2008, 09:28 AM
Senior Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvin555 View Post
Shawn, thanks for the info, I actually was able to download the drosera documentary too, did you download it using Mininova? I think we were downloading it at the same time, again thanks to the one that "seeded" it.

However I am having problems with the Nepenthes documentary, I visited the website that you mentioned but can't find any link to a free download for the Nepenthes documentary, can you please post the exact URL?

There is also the Borneo exotic one, but I'll download it next time I'm hoping to watch the Nepenthes one first.

Oh and yes I enjoyed the drosera Snap tentacle documentary, specially coz I have a D. Spatulata and trying to germinate D. Burmanii.

TTFN
Arvin
Hi Arvin,

Yep, unfortunately they are only 'giving away' the two programs, the rest are 'for sale'. I wasn't able to download the "Nepenthes @ Borneo Exotics" as the link appears to be dead. I haven't had time to do another Torrent search to see if it's available elsewhere yet. If I do find it I'll post it here.

The 'snap tentacles and runway lights' film was quite informative. Amazing that no one noticed/published that information until now! How about the 'bugs eye view' of the yellow balls and the disappearing red leaves! Hmmm, do we have a category on the forum for 'films/media'? Seems I remember one somewhere.
Old 5th July 2008, 03:37 AM

Shawn, I think that at the end you and I were "feeding" each other the torrent, but someone from the US or something was the seeder for the drosera. Again anyone interested I am keeping my torrent alive so that anyone can download with me being the seeder. Maybe shawn can also seed if you post here

Shawn please try http://www.bt-chat.com/details.php?id=24906
This should point you to the nepenthes torrent, I have it going now but no seeders, maybe if there are two seeders that it might work, but not sure. Please try though and we'll see. I used the BT one, though I think I have a mininova torrent of the same file as well.

TTFN
Arvin
Old 5th July 2008, 08:55 AM
Senior Advisor

I've had what I thought was the mininova torrent running for a few days and am now at 20%! It says that the tracker is; http://eztv.ukrabel.com:60500/announce . There's one seed and 4 peers.
Old 5th July 2008, 11:30 AM

shawn,

I'm getting a bit desperate so I am now actually waiting on both torrents from Mininova and BT files. This morning at 10am my time I was able to see a peer (no seed) the IP address is from the USA, but unfortunately he went offline just shortly after I got to download maybe a few kb of file.

If you do get to finish downloading it, please don't go offline with the torrent yet until I am able to download from you?

Aside from the file mentioned above from BT, I am now waiting on a file from Mininova:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1030361

If you see someone with a Philippine IP almost sure that is me. what Torrent program do you use by the way?

TTFN
Arvin
Old 7th July 2008, 02:47 AM

Shawn, how are you doing with your Nepenthes documentary video download? I have two torrents going one is from BT and the other from Mininova, both have no activity, thought, at least the one with BT gets visited by someone from time to time, but left me with only 1.8% download so far

Please update on your progress coz I really think that if we download it together that we'd finish faster at least with both of us being Peers.

TTFN
Arvin
Old 7th July 2008, 08:08 AM
Senior Advisor

Well, I'm now at 65%! My satellite connection sometimes goes down, which shuts down my torrent download until I notice and restart it. I'm not that much of a 'pro' at torrnets, so not sure if I can provide all the info you need. If you explain to me what you need to know (and where to find the info!) I'll try to help.
Right now it shows 2 (2) seeds and 1 (4) peers; the 'tracker" is http://eztv.ukrabel.com:60500/announce
The program I'm using is uTorrent (but it's not U) see the web page;http://www.utorrent.com/
I used to use bittorrent but had a major crash on my computer and they reloaded this program instead. It show the 3 peers as being; 1 Australian, 1 US, 1 unknown.
Hope some of this helps!
Shawn