Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > MEMBERS CORNER > Group Purchase

Group Purchase Organize a group purchase and share out the cost by purchasing as a group

Old 9th April 2009, 07:07 AM
Advisor
Senior Global Moderator

Default New Stuart McPherson Books

Below are the details of an email sent out by Stewart in relation to his soon to be released books. Those that have purchased his books on the past will attest to the quality of the books and the outstanding imagery.

Dear valued customers,

After four years of intense field work, research, writing and editing, we are proud to announce the launch of our latest title - Pitcher Plants of the Old World.

This two volume series provides the first detailed examination of the wild ecology and natural diversity of all 119 recognized species of Nepenthes as well as Cephalotus – for the first time and in unparalleled detail.

Pitcher Plants of the Old World Volume Oneconsists of the following chapters; Introduction, Carnivorous Plants of the World, The Pitcher Plants of the Old World, The Evolution of the Pitcher Plants of the Old World, Trapping Processes, Infauna, Nepenthes of Borneo and Nepenthes of Peninsular Malaysia and Indochina.

Pitcher Plants of the Old World Volume Two comprises Nepenthes of the Philippines, Nepenthes of Sumatra and Java, Nepenthes of Sulawesi, Nepenthes of New Guinea and the Maluku Islands, Nepenthes of the Outlying Areas, Nepenthes Hybrids, Cephalotus follicularis, Ongoing Exploration and Discovery, Habitat Loss and the Threat of Extinction and Cultivation and Horticulture.

This 1,100 page work contains 800 images depicting the full beauty of Nepenthes and Cephalotus in the wild. Dozens of the Nepenthes species documented in Pitcher Plants of the Old World represent spectacular, newly found and recently rediscovered pitcher plant species. A few have not previously been studied or even observed since they were discovered (in some cases more than a century ago). One new species is scientifically described in Volume Two for the very first time.

Pitcher Plants of the Old World is a focused study that provides a unique examination of this fascinating and very beautiful group of plants.

Both volumes will go to press in approximately four weeks and will be released very soon thereafter. We anticipate a public launch during late April and will send further updates to you over the coming weeks.

If you would like to receive the very first copies of this exciting new work, as soon as it is printed – we invite you to place an advance order at www.redfernnaturalhistory.com . We are in the process of updating our site with information relating to the launch of this book, and also it’s content.

Attached is a sample of the imagery of this work.

My very best regards to you

Stewart McPherson

www.redfernnaturalhistory.com

Last edited by Amelie.Poulain; 9th April 2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 9th April 2009, 09:13 AM
Senior Advisor

Default Re: New Stuart McPherson Books

Okay, are we going to do another 'group purchase' of these? If so; I'm in!
~Shawn
Old 9th April 2009, 04:15 PM
Advisor
Global Moderator

Add me in for a book
Old 9th April 2009, 10:55 PM

I also want one... also possible to have the volume one too
Old 21st June 2009, 09:26 AM
Advisor
Senior Global Moderator

Just to provide an update on this thread. I got an email from Stewart late last week and these two books are now available. I pre ordered a while ago and mine are on the way. Can't wait to get hold of them. Some of the pictures in this book are sensational and quite a few of the species in here haven't been seen for many years. They are well worth the price if any one is interested and i am sure that anyone that bought either of the last two would attest to the quality.
Old 21st June 2009, 09:35 AM
Advisor
Global Moderator

Stewart is coming to the the next ACPS meeting for a talk. Hopefully he will bring some of his books for sale.
If you are in South Australia please come along to listen to Stewart, he has lots of useful information about the new species he has discovered and general info about CPs.
Old 21st June 2009, 11:08 AM

Is anyone in Malaysia going to organise to group purchase/bulk order so we can entitle for the wholesale price?
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:45 PM
Senior Advisor

I'm 'on/off the road' these days (Nepal at the moment) so might miss updates to this thread,I but am interested in both books so if a bulk order is made please include me!
Thanks!
~Shawn
Old 24th June 2009, 01:23 PM
Administrator

I'm also very interested in both books.
Old 24th June 2009, 05:32 PM

Ok since everyone here is waiting for others to start for the group purchase, nothing can ever be achieved and I will start to organise it.

I am still waiting for Stewart to quote me the shipping charge and all books will be delivered to Penang. A re-shipping charge apply if you are staying outside of Penang. I hope I can deal with one representative from each region in Malaysia like northen region, Klang Valley, and Southern Region.

For Singapore, I will ship direcly to Singapore via a transhipper and you can collect from their office. A flat rate of SGD$10 will be charge per book for the shipping charge.

For Thailand, Brunei and Indonesia, pls pm me for more shipping details.

The books by Steward will entitle for at least 25%-30% off the normal selling price, depending on the quantity we order.

I will advice the shipping charge from UK to Penang by end of this week.

Moderator please help to move this thread to the appropriate sub-forum, thanks!