Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Default David: Good News from Malesiana Tropicals!

David
Administrator

member is online

Good News from Malesiana Tropicals!
« Thread Started on Jan 5, 2007, 11:07am » Spoke to Juliana of MT yesterday. Good news for everyone.

She said that MT will be offering even more neps species this year. They will also be distributing a few nep species in nurseries throughout Malaysia towards the second half of this year. So more species will be available to us rather than the usual xventrata and miranda. Wahh, hhaaah, haaa...

This is something for us to look forward too.

She has also said that if we join to purchase in bulk for the same species, MT is able to offer us some discounts. Perhaps we can do this in the next few months.

Maybe we can start a thread on the Group Purchase section and propose what species you would like to get from MT. Perhaps in a few months time, we'll be able to get the bulk we want for the discounts when more members join.

« Last Edit: Jan 5, 2007, 11:32am by David »Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist isaacgoh

Re: Good News from Malesiana Tropicals!
« Reply #1 on Jan 8, 2007, 2:57pm » Dear David,

If you need some help, I can get a friend in Kuching to send us the plants, last time he asked for rm50 for the trouble of picking up the plants from Juliana, packing and sending to us. That's when I got my first plants from MT.

Link to Post - Back to Top 202.162.29.16 David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #2 on Jan 8, 2007, 4:12pm » Hi Isaac,

MT do provide the service of packing the plants and sending them to customers via courrier. All you have to do is just to order the plants and they will send it out on Mondays every week. I think MT do not charge extra for packing and courier service. I also find that they pack their plants well.

In the last order I made with them together with Najwan, the freigh charges were RM24 for a small box, ie. to place 4 plants in a box. The box is the standard GDex box. I think the small box can fit more plants. Just that we did not order more. How many plants did you ask your friend to send to you in your last order? Is it cheaper?

This just reminds me... hey Naj! Our plants are most probably reaching us tomorrow!
« Last Edit: Jan 8, 2007, 4:40pm by David »Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist artificialive
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on Jan 8, 2007, 4:52pm » Hihi! Yup, cant wait for the plants to arrive. Hopefully it will arrive here by tomoro. Hmm.. growing CPs makes me an impatient man. Haha! Cant wait for the plants to arrive.. cant wait for the plants to grow pitchers for me.. cant wait.. etc etc etc..
Link to Post - Back to Top 218.111.36.202[Naj Grow List] --- [Naj Wanted List] David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #4 on Jan 8, 2007, 5:53pm » ... ok, ok... breath in... breath out... breath in... breath out....
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist isaacgoh

« Reply #5 on Jan 8, 2007, 11:16pm »
Quote:Hi Isaac,

MT do provide the service of packing the plants and sending them to customers via courrier. All you have to do is just to order the plants and they will send it out on Mondays every week. I think MT do not charge extra for packing and courier service. I also find that they pack their plants well.

In the last order I made with them together with Najwan, the freigh charges were RM24 for a small box, ie. to place 4 plants in a box. The box is the standard GDex box. I think the small box can fit more plants. Just that we did not order more. How many plants did you ask your friend to send to you in your last order? Is it cheaper?

This just reminds me... hey Naj! Our plants are most probably reaching us tomorrow!

Strange, I thought they told me that I need some documents and have to wait for them to ship over from Sarawak to Peninsula. I must have heard wrongly that's why i asked my friend to help me pick up instead to avoid the paper work and stuffs.

Link to Post - Back to Top 218.111.27.12 David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #6 on Jan 9, 2007, 9:52am » In the past, they applied for CITES certs and Posanitary certs when they ship to Peninsular Malaysia. However, they do not practice that anymore as as we are within Malaysia. If you are from overseas, they will have to apply for the certs.

Yaa, I remembered it takes about one month for the certs to be approved by the forestry dept. So, now you can order from them and your orders will arrive within a week or two depending on which day in the week you ordered the plants.

« Last Edit: Jan 9, 2007, 10:26am by David »Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist artificialive
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on Jan 9, 2007, 10:22am »
Quote:... ok, ok... breath in... breath out... breath in... breath out....
i'm trying.. i'm trying..

Link to Post - Back to Top 219.95.191.44