Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Pinguicula

Pinguicula Everything about Pings or Butterwort

Old 26th August 2010, 10:44 PM

Default which one to go for?

hello friends,
till now i was interested in drosera, nepenthes and vfts, but now i m realy keen to grow pinguicula, I am from India so I would like to know what kind of ping would be best for me which is easy to grow, fast, n can adopt to the my place climate.

i am attaching the general climate conditions of my place whic is New Delhi, India. If possible please advice which kind of ping plant or seeds i should think about starting from

thanks

New Delhi, the capital of India, has a hot and humid climate for most of the season. The city climate becomes very hot during the month of June which is followed by monsoon happening somewhere after September

Summer Season: The average temperature of New Delhi during summer ranges from 25º C to 46º C

Winter Season: In comparison to summer, winters are short. Winter Season starts from the end of November and continues till February-March. The cold waves from the Himalayan region makes the winters in New Delhi very chilly. Temperatures fall substantially down to as low as 3 to 4º C at the peak of winter.

Monsoon (Rainy Season): The city does not witness much of rainy season. The monsoon lasts from July to September. October sees the end of the monsoon but it is reasonably pleasant.
Old 27th August 2010, 04:23 PM

Default Re: which one to go for?

my answer on the other forum

jeff
Old 27th August 2010, 05:26 PM

thanks
i will try to find some mexican pings which i can grow inside under 30 watt 6700k cfl. Can you guide me where i can buy it from. Also how much tds can ping survive with in its soil like the irish peat moss mix with vermiculite n perlite available at my place is showing 100ppm n coco moss showing 200.
please advice
thanks alot
Old 27th August 2010, 06:34 PM

In a first time you can grow with this substrate some hybrid like x'Sethos' or x'Tina' they are common in swap .

but pinguicula is not a terra plant you know

if you want to try the others , the taxons , use an other substrate more mineral and calcareous .

jeff