Sarracenia Everything about American Pitcher Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2008, 02:30 AM
Administrator

Default bucky78: Spring Pics!

bucky78

Spring Pics!
« Thread Started on May 5, 2008, 10:16am »
I thought I would post some pics of my bogs this spring. Most everything is in bloom now and pitchers are starting to opening. I didn't divide many plants this year as I wanted the bogs to look more full. I will post more pics once all of the pitchers are open.

Pings and D. Filliformis with Leuco pitchers coming up

Pings and D. Rotundifolia in sphagnum

U. Subulata

S. Red Blush

Big S. Leah Wilkerson pitchers almost ready to open

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedGrowlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103039 strath76

Re: Spring Pics!
« Reply #1 on May 5, 2008, 11:12am »
That looks like a great set up you have there. The S. Red Blush looks good. Do you know what the parentage is? I would think flava 'Red Tube'.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on May 5, 2008, 12:25pm »
hi Bucky.....thx for the inspirational pics of CPs in springtime...do you keep your sundews in a separate section or together with the sarracenias ? I seem to see small sundews sprouting up from all over.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged bactrus

« Reply #3 on May 5, 2008, 1:36pm »
Just one word. WOW!

Excellent set up. Inspirational piece of art...

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedBA bucky78

« Reply #4 on May 5, 2008, 8:18pm »
Thank you very much!!

strath76 - I think that the parentage is unknown but I would definitely agree with you that it has Flava Rubricorpora in it. It is one of my favorites and will color up to all red as the pitcher ages.
And Tarence - Yes I do have Drosera as well as the Utricularia and Pings mixed in with all of the Sarracenia. You wouldn't believe how many sundews I have coming up from seed!!!! I have Rotundifolia, Filliformis ssp. Filliformis, Filliformis ssp.Tracyi and Intermedia coming up everywhere! There is definitely not a shortage of sundews. But I don't mind, I really like it. I am thinking about adding 2 more bogs either this year or next, but it is a lot of work. I will post more pics once the pitchers open. Thanks again for the kind words everyone.

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedGrowlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103039 plantlover

Now I'm getting more experienced

« Reply #5 on May 6, 2008, 5:44pm »
Wow! They are gorgeous. Thanks for the photos.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedAaron bucky78

« Reply #6 on May 16, 2008, 7:52am »
Here are some updated pics of the bogs and a few individual plants. I will post a few more pics in two or three weeks as things change pretty rapidly! Hope you like'em.

The Bogs

Bogs

Bogs

S. Copper Vase - Romanowski Hybrid, I just LOVE this plant!

S. Excellens (Leuco Red x Minor Okee Giant)

I got this one as Flava Ornata but I think it has something else in it, but I don't care it's a stunner!

Group of S. Leah Wilkerson

S. Leah Wilkerson, heads and shoulders above the rest at about 32" tall

Close up of Leah Wilkerson

S. Bud Wilkerson

Another view of S. Bud Wilkerson

S. Wilkerson's Red O.P.

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedGrowlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103039 Forum Jump--------------------» Home--------------------» NOTICE BOARD--------------------- ABOUT PETPITCHER FORUM- Announcement--------------------» CARNIVOROUS PLANTS--------------------- Nepenthes --- Nepenthes Articles- Drosera --- Drosera Articles- Dionaea muscipula --- Dionaea muscipula Articles- Sarracenia --- Sarracenia Articles- Pinguicula --- Pinguicula Articles- Cephalotus --- Cephalotus Articles- Utricularia --- Utricularia Articles- Byblis --- Byblis Articles- Heliamphora --- Heliamphora Articles- Other Carnivourous Plants --- Carnivorous Plants Articles- All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants --- All Stuff On CPs Archive- Carnivorous Plants in the Wild- Plant ID corner--------------------» resource--------------------- Where To Get What? --- "Where To Get What" Archive- Book / Movie Review--------------------» members corner--------------------- Introduction- Interaction- Grow List- Projects --- Projects Articles--------------------» market place--------------------- Stuff To Sell- Stuff To Exchange / Give Away- Wanted Stuff- Group Purchase--------------------» PLANTS THAT DO NOT EAT INSECTS--------------------- Non Carnivorous Plants --- Where To Get What? Archive --- Market Place --- Tillandsias and Bromelaids --- Staghorn Fern --- Ant Plants --- Orchids
Click Here To Make This Board Ad-Free