Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2008, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Default David: Carni Musketeers - All for one, one for all

David
Administrator

member is online

Carni Musketeers - All for one, one for all
« Thread Started on Oct 7, 2007, 6:55pm » Just wondering whether any of you have tried planting terrestrial ultricularias on your CP pots to control pests. Sometimes the media can be infested by pests or tiny insects.

I just got some terrestrial ultricularias from TS lately. Will try to grow them and spread them around my sundew pots and see what happens. Actually they would look quite nice too. Kinda like a top covering for the media instead of the usual sphagnum moss that everyone is trying to grow on top of their CP media. Small tiny green leaves all clumped together covering the entire media. could be quite cool. At the same time, it catches pests in the media.

If you guys/gals have tried it, would appreciate if you could share your thoughts on it and whether it is succesful.
« Last Edit: Oct 8, 2007, 7:59pm by cactustts »Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist David
Administrator

member is online

Re: Carni Musketeers - All for one, one for all
« Reply #1 on Oct 9, 2007, 11:17pm » Hmm, looks like no one in this forum has tried this before. Ok lah, I'll try and report back. But the ultricularia seem to be growing very slowly. hmmm, might take a while.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on Oct 10, 2007, 1:38pm » Mebbe if you could provide some pics of the terrestrial ultricularias which you have ?
Link to Post - Back to Top 211.25.130.42 cindy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on Oct 10, 2007, 6:42pm »
Quote: Will try to grow them and spread them around my sundew pots and see what happens.

David, the lolons of the Utrics can be very invasive. For Nep pots maybe but for Sundews, I am not too sure. Probably will be able to give you an answer soon, I have this D. burmanii suddenly appear out of nowhere in my Utric pot!

Link to Post - Back to Top 165.21.154.116 David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #4 on Oct 12, 2007, 11:02pm » Cindy, can post some pictures of your ultris pot? Wan to see how a carpet of ultri look like. Thanks
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged