Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th June 2008, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Default David: Deformed Monsters of the Nepenthes world

David
Administrator

member is online

Deformed Monsters of the Nepenthes world
« Thread Started on May 15, 2007, 1:09pm » Here are two new pitchers of on my bicalcarata and truncata. I guess this is due to changes in the environment, ie. suddenly hot weather, suddenly rainy, no sun, suddenly cold at night, etc. The weather is very unpredictable these days, no thanks to our nemesis, ie. "Global Warming".

N. truncata, lowland. Notice the half develop lid. It never did open.

N. bicalcarata from Sri Aman with no lid at all. ... Cool! New species! Lidless pitcher... haa, haa...

Please not I did not break off the lid.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 1:11pm by David »Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist tarence
Global Moderator

Re: Deformed Monsters of the Nepenthes world
« Reply #1 on May 15, 2007, 2:05pm » David, I think it affects you more than the others coz of your growing conditions for Neps.

If it gets cloudy in the afternoon or morn` ( can`t remember when the sun comes into your condo ) for that day, then it`s no sunlight until tmrw already. If it repeats itself a few days ( it usually does, coz rainclouds will appear at about the same time daily ), then yes, your Neps` growth will be affected.

Pity. U have such nice plants.

Even those of us who plant our Neps outside worry about too many cloudy or rainy days. Sarracenias, droseras & pings seem to be unaffected though.

Link to Post - Back to Top 203.106.226.24 cosmoking

« Reply #2 on May 15, 2007, 6:28pm » This happens to me when I dont give them enough water while they are pitchering, so Im not sure if its due to the weather I think its more to do with your watering habits going a bit off.
Link to Post - Back to Top 82.32.21.171 tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on May 16, 2007, 10:35am » I think David`s pretty careful about the water / moisture levels for his Neps, & all CPs for the matter.....from what I can see & what he says. It must be other reasons like sun exposure levels.
Link to Post - Back to Top 203.106.226.24 bifurcatum

« Reply #4 on May 19, 2007, 1:01pm » My nep plantlet from David also have a half develop lid like David truncata.

Link to Post - Back to Top 60.52.67.217 Robert
Advisor - Nepenthes

« Reply #5 on May 19, 2007, 2:13pm » perhaps due to TC
Link to Post - Back to Top 124.82.37.35 David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #6 on May 20, 2007, 12:50pm » Oh, it that the N. mirabilis x thorelli or one of the rafflesiana forms? Waaa, quite big liau huh. Robert, they were grown from seeds.

bifurcatum, so far all of my plantlets are ok. no deformed leaves. Maybe because they are under my grow chamber. Everthing is constant unlike beside my window.

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist bifurcatum

« Reply #7 on May 20, 2007, 7:23pm » This is N. mirabilis x thorelli. But 2 of the raff had just died last week, it just stop growing for a few month then die .
I grow all my neps outdoor, like David said suddenly hot weather, suddenly rainy, no sun, suddenly cold at night. And my S.xStevensii also not doing well now.

Link to Post - Back to Top 218.111.215.93 artificialive
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on May 20, 2007, 7:50pm » Bifurcatum,
my xStevensii is not doing well too..

Link to Post - Back to Top 219.95.191.61[Naj Grow List] --- [Naj Wanted List] Forum Jump--------------------» Home--------------------» NOTICE BOARD--------------------- ABOUT PETPITCHER FORUM- Announcement--------------------» CARNIVOROUS PLANTS--------------------- Nepenthes --- Nepenthes Articles- Drosera --- Drosera Articles- Dionaea muscipula --- Dionaea muscipula Articles- Sarracenia --- Sarracenia Articles- Pinguicula --- Pinguicula Articles- Cephalotus --- Cephalotus Articles- Utricularia --- Utricularia Articles- Byblis --- Byblis Articles- Heliamphora --- Heliamphora Articles- Other Carnivourous Plants --- Carnivorous Plants Articles- All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants --- All Stuff On CPs Archive- Carnivorous Plants in the Wild- Plant ID corner--------------------» resource--------------------- Where To Get What? --- "Where To Get What" Archive- Book / Movie Review--------------------» members corner--------------------- Introduction- Interaction- Grow List- Projects --- Projects Articles--------------------» market place--------------------- Stuff To Sell- Stuff To Exchange / Give Away- Wanted Stuff- Group Purchase--------------------» PLANTS THAT DO NOT EAT INSECTS--------------------- Non Carnivorous Plants --- Where To Get What? Archive --- Market Place --- Tillandsias and Bromelaids --- Staghorn Fern --- Ant Plants --- Orchids--------------------» ADMINISTRATION--------------------- PetPitcher Forum- Deleted Stuff