Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes > Nepenthes Database Project

Nepenthes Database Project Members may discuss on the cultivation of each species before the information is keyed into the database.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th August 2009, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Nepenthes X Miranda Cultivation

This hybrid is one of the easiest carnivorous plants. Even newbies can succeed with this wonderful plant. The lower pitchers can get extremely large and has a beautiful dark red colour. For me, I grow them in a medium sized pot and hang them on a metal hanger. I water them everyday unless it rains or the day was very cloudy. The water I use is regular filtered water but there are no side effects. The humidity around my area can get as low as 50% on a very hot day and 80% on a rainy day but the average humidity is 70%. My N. x Miranda gets full sun but is sometimes shaded by the surrounding houses as I live in a Semi-D house. The vines can get pretty long and produce not-so-attractive upper pitchers but mine has sprouted basals with lower pitchers now. I have grown mine for about 2 years now(I think). It grows very fast and vigorously. My plant has flowered 2 times and each flower stalk can get as long as 25 cm. Well, that's all.