Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > Projects

Projects Tips, suggestions and discussion on member's gardening projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd July 2008, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Our TINY Mini Green House

Thanks Edmund, the lights in the GH will only be used on chilly nights and or on rainy days when its drak and gloomy. The left side shop lights are as fallows, 4-F40 T12 bulbs 48" . 2 bulbs are GE Plant & Aquarium and 2 bulbs are GE Daylight, lumens total 9,900, CRI total index 330, watts total 160. The back end lights which i will be adding another to the one is, 2 ft shop lights 4 bulbs F20 T12, 2 bulbs GE Plant & Aquarium and 2 bulbs GE Sunshine, total lumens 3250, total CRI index 360, total watts 80. I will have to get a humidity reading for outside but its pretty humid here we have had nothing but rain rain rain. We have yet to see a day that reaches a balmmy 89%. The little flowers was just something i had laying around the barn and put it to use i thought it was cute.. I will be getting temp readings in the GH durring the day and at night with and without the vent open befour putting the plants in, gota make sure not to fry the CPs ya know..

Hey David thanks tons... Told hubby what i wanted and told him to get to work and use the crap scrap wood we had laying around. He likes building me things i want if we have the materials.. As for the stuff on the ground and in the GH its Cypress mulch it helps keep the slugs and snails from crawling under the frame of the GH and also helps cut down on bugs crawling in that might harm the plants, plus its good for keeping the humidity up in the GH. But the plants will still catch plenty of flies and nats and other small insects that get thru the screen on the air vent and when i have the door open for a few durring the day while im working in the GH.

I will get more pics up as soon as its complete...