Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Drosera

Drosera Everything about Sundews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd July 2008, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Default hongrui: Some Drosera pictures (Read 173 times)

hongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

Some Drosera pictures
« Thread Started on 16 Jan, 2008, 13:57 »tarence, this set of pics is just for you.

D. indica 'Red'

D. madagascariensis

D. communis

D. paradoxa

a field of D. ericksonae x pulchella

Flower of D. capensis 'Alba' - one year to go from seed to flower

D. regia - tarence, this is the one i was talking about yesterday. My precious!
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedlooking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

My CP Growlist - updated 27 May '08
tarence
Global Moderator

Re: Some Drosera pictures
« Reply #1 on 16 Jan, 2008, 14:21 »OMG, how where when ? i mean the regia of course.....the last i heard, your seeds did not germinate.....the red indica is also a bewitching CP. the rest are also lovely. thx hongrui....

i`ve made a mental note to meself to get the precioussss one i don`t have.....heheh.
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedhongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #2 on 16 Jan, 2008, 16:40 »how- buy from TP, where - ermm australia? when - Oct '07. hehehe

the regia seeds.. are still seeds! it's been almost a year now, i sowed it together with the capensis. i'll give it 6 mths more before i sow another batch of seeds into the pot.
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedlooking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

sweethalo

« Reply #3 on 16 Jan, 2008, 17:35 »wah hongrui!

How do u prevent mosquitoes huh?
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on 16 Jan, 2008, 18:00 »change the water twice a week is what i do. or at the very least, once a week but there`ll be mozzie larvae doing backstrokes in the water already by then. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedhongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #5 on 16 Jan, 2008, 19:11 »Audrey, like what tarence said.. frequent water changes. a major chore but no choice. liberal addition of the anti-mozzie bits to the water trays help but then you really need alot to keep the trays larvae free.

sometimes i just let the trays run dry (takes about 3 days of neglect) for a day before i add water back into the trays. but don't try this too often as the Droserae don't like it too much.

caseyhoo

« Reply #6 on 16 Jan, 2008, 19:47 »If yours tray is deep/big enough, you can keep a betta inside it, it only cut less yours water change frequence only Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedBest Regards,
KC Hoo
Wanted List

They are nice : D. aliciae, D. brevicornis, D. derbyensis, D. falconeri, D. lanata, D. villosa, D. lowriei, D. menziesii
edwinclf

« Reply #7 on 16 Jan, 2008, 22:40 »Yes. I did Casey. I put two betta inside it they live happily haha....
Oh Yah Casey when you want to collect your betta. If not i think i going to spawn second batch. The first batch grown healthy... Oppss Sorry out of topic already.....
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #8 on 16 Jan, 2008, 23:43 »oh wow, you guys must be using big deep trays? the aluminum trays that i'm using contains maybe 1-1.5" of water deep max and if the day is really hot.. the trays can dry up in a single day. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedlooking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on 17 Jan, 2008, 9:26 »hongrui: i think aluminium trays dry up faster than plastic ones. i use hard plastic trays which do not heat up so fast....so far, i never had one dry up on me yet even tho the water levels are about the same as yours. i can only assume:
1) your garden is warmer than mine
2) your garden has more air movement so water from the trays evaporates faster

any particualr reason why you are using aluminium ones ? do share but don`t scare. heheh.

Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #10 on 17 Jan, 2008, 10:29 »i use aluminium trays because they are cheap and readily available from the supermarkets. initially i sourced for plastic trays but they are either too shallow or too deep.

tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on 17 Jan, 2008, 12:21 »oic.....i can get some pretty good plastic ones ( right depth & size ) for about rm7 over here....do they sell the rectangular serving tray in Ikea S`pore ? i use those for my more shallow pots. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedDavid
Administrator

« Reply #12 on 17 Jan, 2008, 13:43 »Tarence,

Where do you get those RM7.00 plastic trays from and what is the dimensions like? I am using the Ikea plastic trays. Could not find other trays witht the right depth and dimension for my grow chamber.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlisttarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on 17 Jan, 2008, 15:23 »but the rm7 trays are round David.....it is not a space friendly shape coz it doesn`t sit easily together

I bought them from the budget shop in Mid-Valley last time. the one which has a lot of japanese stuff...prices range from rm5 onwards.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedDavid
Administrator

« Reply #14 on 17 Jan, 2008, 22:31 »Round is out for me then. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist