Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Old 6th October 2010, 09:35 PM

Default Pots special for rosette CP

i have a suggestion.have u guys try using Styrofoam cups as pots?

well i do.i use them to pot my Droseras and some other small rosette plant.

Advantages:
1.Heat Resistant(Factors:Styrofoam and the white colour of the pot)
2.Cheap.(i bought mine 25cups for RM1)
3.its height around 3.5inch-4inch suitable for root development and diameter three inch just right for plants and easy to repot especially some species of Droseras and other small plants.

its hard to find pots that is high and with diameter around 3-4inch.usualy at local stores,The higher the pot,the bigger the diameter.

u can try it if u want to!
cheap and dispossable!

Last edited by Harris Azariel; 6th October 2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: removing my mistakes xD sry sry forgive me
Old 6th October 2010, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Pots special for rosette CP

not a long term option, styro cup is just merely made up of many styro pallets, they heat it and compressed it to be one piece, long term under heat or sun light, you will see the surface start turning powdery, later stage, start to turn vulnerable and easily crash...

if you read somewhere in the net, styro do release some sort of harmful chemical if you place it under heat...

styro is also crunchy, you can easily break it after some times if you are a careless person...

eco friendly...I doubt since it's not something that can break down organically...
Old 6th October 2010, 11:07 PM

well sorry im totally wrong at the eco friendly part.my brain was lack of words at that time.what i mean by eco friendly is its dispossible.can just throw away to the rubbish bin.will erase the eco thingy

well ur infos might or is true about those styros.but what makes me want to use it bcoz many ppl recommend it to me.one of my friend from FTC.com from Jordan,he use styrofoam cups for his VFT.he give them full sunlight on his windowsill.he had been using it for a year till spring.

his VFT seems to do fine.and healthy too.not just that,many many ppl that i know from that website use styrofoam cups and they had no problem with them.

Ok ok im so so sry if i hurt someones feelings but those things that i write above(paragraph 2 and 3) is just to tell u guys that im not giving fake infos.i gather it and ask ask ask.so pls forgive me.

Thanks
Old 7th October 2010, 12:14 AM

well, cann't disagree that it's cheap and good in height, you might be able to get info all across the world, but do bare in mind that, environment is a big factor...what suit them might not suit you, that's a very good advice I receive from a few masters here, so, do try out and let us know bout that
Old 7th October 2010, 02:00 AM

will tell