Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Old 31st July 2009, 11:44 AM
Senior Advisor

Default e-bay; Seller - know him?

Hello everyone

There’s somebody in Thailand on E-bay (USA) selling some interesting seeds. He goes by the name "o osabai". I don’t know him, but he lists his location as Sansuk Meaung, Chonburi, Thailand.

There was a guy going by the name ‘Gmember99’ who screwed a lot of people over with bad nep seed and no replies. I think he has stopped using that account name but I am afraid he will start a new account, so I want to be careful. Do any of you know of this guy or anyone else from that location? I have 2-3 days until these auctions end and will order if I know I can trust him.

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 31st July 2009, 12:50 PM

Default Re: e-bay; Seller - know him?

Hi,
My advice is never ever buy from some one you not trust, don't waste your money in that thing they are try to make money from it.
Old 31st July 2009, 01:24 PM
Executive Member

hi shawn

i think better stay away... let check the feedback for this seller...

if it is low or new ... better not... save $$$ in pocket first
Old 31st July 2009, 02:25 PM
Advisor

Hi Shawn,
My advise is to look for those good reputable sellers with good reccomendations. They should know what they are selling. Partially why we all have so may mislabelled or no id plants were contributed from these sellers too.

I know sometimes it's hard to resist those good breeds. Who knows it might turn out to be 'other thing' rather than stated in the label.
Hope this helps.
Old 31st July 2009, 02:42 PM
Senior Advisor

Thanks for the input(s).

I must be clear - I have no information to make me believe that this is "gmember99" in another name. I do not want to start a 'rumor' about this seller! Just that once burned by a bogus seller, I'm more cautious of growers that I don't know. While the 'special' seeds he's selling are not Thai endemics, it's still possible he could have these but I want some confirmation before sending money to a 'new' listed seller with no feedback reports!

If someone knows this guy and vouches for him I'd be quite happy to start doing business with him! I agree that it's always better to work with people you know, but remember - we all started out not knowing anybody else at one point! And now I'm happy to have many nep growers I never knew before whom I call friends!
~Shawn