Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Drosera

Drosera Everything about Sundews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd July 2008, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Default tarence: Drosera seeds order (Read 684 times)

tarence
Global Moderator

Drosera seeds order
« Thread Started on 24 Jul, 2007, 15:30 »Hey there folks

Just placed an order with ExoticSeeds for the following droseras :

admirabilis, aliciea, adrosaceae, auyan tepui, binata red, capensis, capensis red, capillaris, lowriei, madagascariensis, montana, nitidula, peltata, pulchella, ramellosa, regia & venusta.

A few are for bujangteruna. Hopefully they`ll germinate. i`ll update you folks when they do.

You can try this link if you want to order as well :

http://www.rarexoticseeds.com/(Carnivore)_Graines_de_Drosera_Seeds_(Carnivorous_ Seeds).html

Pay via Visa.

Lau from Balakong got his seeds a week ago & is in the midst of germinating them.

Cheers........

Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedkhairimhd

Re: Drosera seeds order
« Reply #1 on 24 Jul, 2007, 16:12 »Dato T

If ready for sale.

Please remember me first!

Sure want.

Regards
Khairimhd
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedhttp://tangansejuk.blogspot.com/tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on 24 Jul, 2007, 17:09 »Haha, Khairi, i`m buying for my own collection lah. I imagine it`ll be months before anything even starts to flower or have seeds. Appreciate the interest but gently suggest you avail yourself to some of the seeds so that we can exchange in future. *SMILE* Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedhongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #3 on 26 Jul, 2007, 11:49 »i'd like recommend another site to order Drosera seeds from, Triffid Nurseries, in UK. i've made a couple of orders to them, and i am very pleased with their service.

hi tarence, i've tried to germinate pygmy Drosera and D. regia seeds, but i've got 0 germination. Do share your germination method if you have success in germinating them. i may give them another try!
« Last Edit: 26 Jul, 2007, 11:53 by hongrui »Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedlooking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

My CP Growlist - updated 27 May '08
tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on 26 Jul, 2007, 12:46 »thx Hongrui. i think that nursery in also recommended by David in this forum under `where to get what`......how good is their service i.e. fast delivery, offer to exchange, guaranteed germination ( can`t be rite ? heheh), cheaper prices ? i`m ordering seeds for the 1st time so yes, dunno where to get it from but a fella forum member got it from this Canadian chappie & it took like 10 days for delivery plus it was very professionally packed. i`ll keep Triffid in mind.
And will also let you know if my seeds ( in particular the 2 you mentioned ) germinates.
could i request for you to post your growlist in our growlist section ? am keen to know what CPs you are currently growing. *smile* & cheers !
offtopic : btw, i`ve got busloads of cousins, aunties, uncles in S`pore. unfortunately they are not keen in plants.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul, 2007, 12:56 by tarence »Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedhongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #5 on 26 Jul, 2007, 13:49 »haha no guaranteed germination.. or else i'd have asked for more D. regia seeds! delivery is fast, usually i order and i receive my seeds in about 7days. offer to exchange? you mean when the seeds are out of stock? yup, when ordering you can list some substitutes or you can get them to email you if the seeds you want are unavailable. the price is actually slightly more expensive compared to rareexoticseeds, but you get more seeds per pack and they usually throw in 1 or 2 free packs of seeds too. but what i like best is that i've emailed the owner to ask for advise on how to germinate and which species are suitable and i received a prompt reply with some friendly suggestions. good customer service always helps

i'll post up my growlist shortly.

offtopic: i'm actually 1/2 malaysian (my dad's a malaysian) so most of my paternal relatives are in malaysia, mainly in J.B.
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedlooking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

David
Administrator

« Reply #6 on 26 Jul, 2007, 14:23 »Dear hongrui,

Thank you for suggesting this nursery. Have included it in the archive. I went to their site some time back. Lost the link after that. Did not buy tho'. Thought the conversion to RM was a bit too high. But you're right, they reply promtly my emails.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlistjonathan

« Reply #7 on 26 Jul, 2007, 16:05 »
Hi Tarence.....

I want want want...... Er...... can oder for me too Tarence???

Best Regards Jonathan
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedA dangerous plant and yet so unique and extraordinary... carnivorous plants.....

tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on 30 Jul, 2007, 9:40 »hongrui: `offer to exchange` : if the seeds which came are mouldy or damaged or wrong seeds...i meant that coz i once ordered from a US website ( must be some small time home nursery ) & they sent me wrong seeds. imagine that. when i emailed them, there was no reply.

jonathan : i`ve replied to your PM.
« Last Edit: 30 Jul, 2007, 9:43 by tarence »Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedhongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #9 on 30 Jul, 2007, 10:33 »hmm.. so far i've not have not had any problem with my orders. Seeds arrived intact, not mouldy and correctly labeled. i got some gemmae from them in Dec '06 and even those arrived intact with no signs of rot or damage.

but as far as i know, the owner do reply to emails pretty promptly. if the seeds sent are wrong, i think they will replace the seeds.
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedlooking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on 30 Jul, 2007, 10:47 »Good to know then..... Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedjonathan

« Reply #11 on 30 Jul, 2007, 11:51 »
Got it tarence... thanks...

Regards Jonathan
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedA dangerous plant and yet so unique and extraordinary... carnivorous plants.....

jeff1u

« Reply #12 on 4 Aug, 2007, 20:21 »Dont buy from them
I bought some seeds from them last month
and until NOW
I didnt get the seeds....
they claimed that they sent, so game over.
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on 5 Aug, 2007, 9:48 »Yeah Jeff, i still haven`t got my seeds yet but my other fren Lau got his pretty fast ( 10 days). I`ll update to see if I get them or not. Sheesh, this is scary...... Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedjeff1u

« Reply #14 on 5 Aug, 2007, 19:07 »good luck to you Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on 9 Aug, 2007, 15:30 »jeff: i got my seeds on Tuesday 7/8/2007. Order & payment date was 24/7/2007. All seeds sown in the germination units below. Now waiting for plantlets to appear. Cheers.

hongrui: i`ll update you on the pygmy Drosera and D. regia germination.....
« Last Edit: 9 Aug, 2007, 23:07 by tarence »Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedhongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #16 on 9 Aug, 2007, 23:29 »i'm looking forwards to hear good news from you! Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedlooking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

jeff1u

« Reply #17 on 10 Aug, 2007, 13:27 » you are luckier than me.
Good! me have forgot about the seeds and money, and no more from them...

Must be singapore post! $#@!%
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on 10 Aug, 2007, 13:28 »me too hongrui ! Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedchenctan

« Reply #19 on 6 Sept, 2007, 15:45 »I want to order admirabilis, aliciea, adrosaceae, auyan tepui, binata red, capensis, capensis red, capillaris, lowriei, madagascariensis, montana, nitidula, peltata, pulchella, ramellosa, regia & venusta.
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedchenctan:Who are you?
David:I am David

David
Administrator

« Reply #20 on 6 Sept, 2007, 15:54 »Hi chenctan,

You can order from the nurseries listed in the article and archive section under "Where to get what" board. Or if you wan, you can organise a group purchase so that others on the forum can join in and we can all share out the courier costs.

Just a gentle reminder, can you put your location in your location field under your profile so that members know where you are from? Thanks. If you are not sure, just let me know and I'll put it in for you.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlisttarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on 6 Sept, 2007, 16:51 »hi Chenctan

if you order thru rareexoticseeds like i did, they actually give free delivery/ shipping for a very low minimum amount, my amount came to USD40 & there were no delivery charges. payment via credit card. happy trying !

rgds, Tarence.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged