Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Drosera

Drosera Everything about Sundews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Default bifurcatum: My D. Intermedia (Read 206 times)

bifurcatum

My D. Intermedia
« Thread Started on 13 Jul, 2007, 14:28 »Flower
This image is reduced by 13%, click it to view full size.

Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedjonathan

Re: My D. Intermedia
« Reply #1 on 14 Jul, 2007, 0:25 »
Hi Bifurcatum...

Wow... what a beautiful flower..... erm.... too bad mine is death if not maybe i'll get a beautiful flower like yours too.... but anyway great plant there pal....

Best Regards Jonathan
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedA dangerous plant and yet so unique and extraordinary... carnivorous plants.....

cosmoking

« Reply #2 on 16 Jul, 2007, 0:05 »David sent me some seeds of htis(thank you David ) and I had one seedling come up after stratification, but no more since then. The little thing is growing rapidly in my greenhouse though, and is very dewy. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedDavid
Administrator

« Reply #3 on 16 Jul, 2007, 9:17 »bifurcatum, your plant and its flower is so cute. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlistbifurcatum

« Reply #4 on 16 Jul, 2007, 16:58 »HI David, can I grow them under direct sun?
How big can a intermedia grow?
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedDavid
Administrator

« Reply #5 on 16 Jul, 2007, 17:49 »I have not personnally grown them under direct sun but I know some other growers like "Owl" grow hers under direct sun. She places the pot on a tray of water and the plant is very robust and healthy.

I have not grown mine to its actual potential yet, so can't tell you how big they will grow in our climate. But by other people's accounts, the leaves could grow to 10 cm long.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlistcosmoking

« Reply #6 on 16 Jul, 2007, 20:06 »Of course you can grow them in full sun-thats what would happen in nature, and the sun makes them very sticky and robust, which is much better then in a shaded area.

Its hard to say how big this variety will get-they seem to reach maturity(flowering size) within about a year but after that I dont know how big its gonna grow, you'l just have to wait and see...
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedameliepoulain
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on 23 Jul, 2007, 21:26 »I've received some seeds from David, how do I germinate them? Any tips? Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedAthene's CP Growlist
Athene's Wishlist
David
Administrator

« Reply #8 on 23 Jul, 2007, 23:38 »Check out this archive on Carnivorous Plants :: Drosera :: Drosera Articles :: Germinating Sundew Seeds
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlistcosmoking

« Reply #9 on 24 Jul, 2007, 4:54 »These will need stratification though-I did a pot without stratification and one without, and none germinated in the non stratified pot and only 1 seedlign came up(thats still getting bigger and bigger) in the stratified pot. So you may want to divide the seed up equally and try both methods like me and see what comes up. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedDavid
Administrator

« Reply #10 on 24 Jul, 2007, 9:04 »bifurcatum, is your plant a tropical one or is it temperate. I might be wrong but to my understanding there are tropical and temperate D. intermedias. If yours is temperate, then you should follow what cosmo suggest. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist Forum Jump--------------------» Home--------------------» NOTICE BOARD--------------------- ABOUT PETPITCHER FORUM- Announcement--------------------» CARNIVOROUS PLANTS--------------------- Nepenthes--- Nepenthes Articles- Drosera--- Drosera Articles- Dionaea muscipula--- Dionaea muscipula Articles- Sarracenia--- Sarracenia Articles- Pinguicula--- Pinguicula Articles- Cephalotus--- Cephalotus Articles- Utricularia--- Utricularia Articles- Byblis--- Byblis Articles- Heliamphora--- Heliamphora Articles- Other Carnivourous Plants--- Carnivorous Plants Articles- All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants--- All Stuff On CPs Archive- Carnivorous Plants in the Wild- Plant ID corner--------------------» resource--------------------- Where To Get What?--- "Where To Get What" Archive- Book / Movie Review--------------------» members corner--------------------- Introduction- Interaction- Grow List- Projects--- Projects Articles--------------------» market place--------------------- Stuff To Sell- Stuff To Exchange / Give Away- Wanted Stuff- Group Purchase--------------------» PLANTS THAT DO NOT EAT INSECTS--------------------- Non Carnivorous Plants--- Where To Get What? Archive--- Market Place--- Tillandsias and Bromelaids--- Staghorn Fern--- Ant Plants--- Orchids
Click Here To Make This Board Ad-Free

This Board Hosted For FREE By ProBoards
Get Your Own Free Message Board!