Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2008, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Default Re: tarence: Neps Sanctuary project

tarence
Global Moderator

Re: Neps Sanctuary project
« Reply #20 on Sept 12, 2007, 3:20pm » CT ? comments plse....thx.
Link to Post - Back to Top 211.25.130.42 holttumii

« Reply #21 on Sept 12, 2007, 4:56pm » I think Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) would be able to help out. They are all nature lovers and I'm sure they would be happy to hear such project especially volunteers/experts are now available here. They are currently helping out some of the botanical gardens such as FRIM in Kepong and Rimba Ilmu in University of Malaya. (So, David can take care of the FRIM and Tarence incharge of the Rimba Ilmu ) They also have The MNS-BOH Nature Study Centre in Cameron, which would be the perfect place for highlanders . I think they also can help in sourcing fund if you need to setup a cp garden.

I've been to the Rimba Ilmu ( http://rimba.um.edu.my ) in UM many years back. There are green houses for rare plants too (not that rare for us lah especially come to nepenthes because I only saw ampullaria and rafflesiana, so it is up to us to put in more exotic species).

Tarence, you can contact Ms. Angela Hijjas (ajh@pd.jaring.my), one of the commitee members from MNS. She is a very friendly lady, who was my tour guide in Rimba Ilmu. (She is also an expert in orchid, with lots of exotic orchids in her house!!!). You can be her co-speaker for cps next time.

Link to Post - Back to Top 60.53.231.134 tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on Sept 12, 2007, 5:18pm » thx Liang......i`ll contact her.
Link to Post - Back to Top 211.25.130.42 Robert
Advisor - Nepenthes

« Reply #23 on Sept 12, 2007, 10:18pm » This was wonderful and i fully support the idea. If a place was assigned for the project the rest will be easy.
Link to Post - Back to Top 124.82.35.172 tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on Sept 13, 2007, 9:11am » thx Robert, let`s hope we find a suitable place.....

Everyone : our aim is not so much to relocate neps from their natural surroundings but more to contribute excess plantlets which the forum members might have from time to time as a result of some generous folks here. hopefully that`s clear.

Link to Post - Back to Top 203.106.226.24 isaacgoh

« Reply #25 on Sept 13, 2007, 1:40pm » Seems like we are getting some leads where to start now. Good to know that our forum is getting more recognized now by people in the field of conservation and research. « Last Edit: Sept 13, 2007, 1:40pm by isaacgoh »Link to Post - Back to Top 218.111.224.161