Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes

Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th December 2008, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Small question...

Well I guess this was just another case of getting too worried over small details. It is just so difficult for me to get new plants that i deeply fear loosing any. Apparently it was the drop in humidity during the day that made the leaf wilt a bit...... now that night time has come it is back to normal. I'm guessing it will be alright, I'm not even gonna move it from it's place. I'll keep an eye on it though and post a follow-up if drastic changes for the worse occur. Thanks for the advice though guys, it always puts the mind at ease.

David,
I ordered the coconut chips from a vendor in the States. I personally talked to them about the coconut husk chips and their potential mineral contents. They are Sai coconut husk chips from Sri Lanka. it states that they have been thoroughly washed with fresh water. The vendor told me they have gotten good reviews on them and that it has worked great for orchids with no further washing necessary. Before using them for potting up my plants I did soak them in rainwater and washed away most of the debris. So far so good. Most of the plants I repotted showed no signs of shock and continued to grow right away. For lowlanders I just add one part peat to the above mix.

Thanks again, later!

Grow List