Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2008, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Default ding: Automatic Water Mister

ding

ding = pickjian

Automatic Water Mister
« Thread Started on Oct 14, 2007, 1:31pm » Hi all,
Is anybody here knows where to buy an automatic water mister for plants? I believe it will keep my garden in humid and make the highland species grow in more favorable conditions. Furthermore, it will lighten my mother's burden to show my plants everday since all my plants are kept in my hometown.
How's the price?
Thanks a lot for your precious information.

ding
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 1:31pm by ding »Link to Post - Back to Top 116.197.210.72 tarence
Global Moderator

Re: Automatic Water Mister
« Reply #1 on Oct 14, 2007, 6:13pm » Khairi can prob help you as he has made his own auto plant watering device using a spare part from a washing machine, a timer & a tap/water source. i`ll ask him to write something here when he`s free from the Raya festivities.
Link to Post - Back to Top 211.25.130.42 venusflytrapman

« Reply #2 on Dec 19, 2007, 5:27pm » Speaking of which, do you know of any shops that may sell an automatic waterer? I really don't have a spare part from a washing machine and I am not likely to be getting one either. I'll have to go out and have look for some before next year, but with Christmas it is hard to find time to do that, so that is why I am asking.
Link to Post - Back to Top 217.43.213.77 harnsheng

« Reply #3 on Dec 31, 2007, 5:38pm » got DIY method? mind sharing Khairi? thanks
Link to Post - Back to Top 60.49.123.246 caseyhoo

« Reply #4 on Dec 31, 2007, 11:18pm » HEard that curve flea market have it for sale... Cost RM185 only. Else, you can go to the below site and order it. They willing post it to yours house

http://www.farben.com.my/

Link to Post - Back to Top 219.95.29.91Best Regards,
KC Hoo
Wanted List

They are nice : D. aliciae, D. brevicornis, D. derbyensis, D. falconeri, D. lanata, D. villosa, D. lowriei, D. menziesii
marigoldsfail21

« Reply #5 on Mar 1, 2008, 9:09am » Mist King is a good place to get automatic misters, but their products do tend to be expensive.
Here is the website:
http://www.mistking.com/
Hope you can find what you need.

Link to Post - Back to Top 97.84.130.178 David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #6 on Mar 1, 2008, 6:48pm » Ding,

You might want to check with KL Tower. He bought a mister last year. Have not installed it yet. He'll be able to tell you where to get it but it will be in KL area.

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist alienfx

« Reply #7 on Apr 13, 2008, 10:01pm » How about the mister from the fan or pipes in mamak stalls?Is it the same?Where to get those?
Link to Post - Back to Top 60.50.99.110 dom

« Reply #8 on Apr 21, 2008, 4:58pm » Found this from Taiwan site. (Mandarin reader only)

One of the fish shop in SS19, Subang selling the whole set for RM350-400.
This image is reduced by 7%, click it to view full size.

This is the main thing for the misting system. Pressure pump.
This image is reduced by 7%, click it to view full size.

http://tw.f4.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/d30426652

Link to Post - Back to Top 203.121.63.196My very first blog. Feel free to comments. www.dominicanrepublica.blogspot.com shawnintland

« Reply #9 on May 14, 2008, 5:43pm » I'm not sure if you've found what you were looking for already. The above setup is really good using a 'high pressure' pump. If you are doing a lot of mist nozzles or need really fine mist this is the best way to go! Although a bit expensive.

I use a low-pressure system (normal water mains pressure, same as your hose) hooked up to PE (Poly Ethylene) [black plastic] pipe and low-pressure mist nozzles. They are quite a bit cheaper to set up and work just fine for me. I don't have any pictures handy, but if you need them just tell me and I'll shoot some. They sell single mist nozzles and also a 4-way mist nozzle unit. Go with the larger size pipe if unsure because as you add nozzles you need a higher flow rate. A great plus is that when I turn it on the temperature in the surrounding area seems to drop about 2-4 degrees almost immediately.

I'll have to convert prices but 30mm PE pipe cost me about 18 Baht (US$0.58)/meter in 100 meter rolls. The nozzles are about 50 Baht (US$ 1.87) each and the 4-way is about 4 times the price. The micro tubing (6-8mm) is cheap. And the little connectors are also only pennies.

Link to Post - Back to Top 203.170.150.155