Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > NON CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Other Weird Oddities Of Nature > Ant Plants

Ant Plants Everything about Tuberous Ant Plants, Dischidia and Ant Ferns

Old 22nd March 2010, 10:57 PM
Advisor

Default Re: Hydnophytum moseleyanum clinging to dear life

David,

Here's an update of one of the seedling of the mosey you gave years back. It also have 3 side shoots coming out from the base of the caudex. I'm surprised it flowered at this young age. There are no seeds setting yet.

How's yours

Old 23rd March 2010, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Wow! Yours is truly a beautiful specimen. very healthy and alot of leaves. Mine not doing so well... mainly due to neglect and headache from ants farming pest on the leaves... Remember I mentioned some time ago that I hope ants will live in my ant plants in my apartment and u told me not a good idea? That the ants will farm pest?

Well, I got want I wanted. The ants just appeared in one ant plant... I was thrill... then another... then another... Then they started farming pest. I tried to kill the ants off after this but they keep coming back. I think I use too much poison on some of my ant plants and they are dying. Funny the ants seem to dissapear for a while, then I start seeing them again running all over my window and floor where I place the plant.

I am saddddddd.... In fact 90% of my ant plants look like wilted vegetables now. Already a few died... Just don have the right place to grow them and time to care for them these days. Don get me started on my CPs as well... haiz... One huge trama and heart ache there as well...

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - A Kenyan Proverb
Old 24th March 2010, 11:19 PM
Advisor

Ouch!!!. that's terrible.
Too much of pesticide will do harm to your plants too. I;m lost of words how to advise in such situation as I never experiencee one before.Perhaps you should slowly adjusting it out to sunnier and open area and see what will happen.
No worries. I see some set fruits already this morning. You can let me know and I'll send you some seeds to start over again
Cheers,
AT