Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > Events

Events Organise CP related events, outings and exhibitions

Old 15th August 2009, 03:19 PM

Default 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Hi All,

I would like to declare our movement in Thailand. We are officially to announce the establishment of ‘Carnivorous Plants Society of Thailand’. We are hoping that this small community will allow good opportunity to support world society of carnivorous plants. Moreover, by everyday growing of new hybrids and breeders from Thailand, we are expecting that this community will help us to gain position in world market and credibility for our hybrids.

Any suggestions, comments or contact please feel free to send to me. Then, by this post, I would like to share our movement for Nepenthes competition. This event was arranged in order to commemorate our Queen’s birthday on August 12th, 2009. This event was happen from August 11th – 16th, 2009 at Queen Sirikit Part, Jatujak. Pictures from this event could be found below.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,
Pattarawut

General Atmosphere at Competition

N. ventricosa-red x (lowii x ventricosa)

New hybrids N viking x veitchii

N.sanguinea

N. viking x ampullaria

N. spathulata x rafflesiana

N. eymae

Old 15th August 2009, 04:06 PM

Default Re: 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Cool ! Thank for share Vietnam still not have any carnivorous Plant Society
Old 15th August 2009, 10:25 PM
Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranMinh View Post
Well TranMinh, you just might have to start one! Good luck! - Rich
Old 16th August 2009, 12:38 AM

Well it will cost a lot of money and I too young to do it !
Old 16th August 2009, 12:50 AM
Advisor

Quote:
Well it will cost a lot of money and I too young to do it !
Nahh, it doesn't have to cost a lot of money to start a small CP Society, all you have to do is perhaps advertise something in a local paper, and find a reasonable place to meet, either at someone's house, or a public library, municipal building, college/university with a professor to assist with the details etc. Perhaps if you have some interesting plants one of the local newspapers/TV news channels could do a feature story on you and your collection to generate some interest in a CP Society in your home town in Viet Nam! Go for it! You're a smart guy, and not too young either! You might be surprised at what kind of turn-out you get! -- Rich
Old 16th August 2009, 07:50 PM

Talk with a professor?
Old 16th August 2009, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Thanks khun Pop for sharing this information, I hope Thai hybrids will get it's deserved recognition since there are many interesting, beautiful and vigorous "Made in Thailand" neps...

I was thinking of putting a link to nepenthessiam forum regarding this topic but you beat me to it...
Old 17th August 2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for reading also. We are hoping that neighbors like Vietnam will be establishing their own Carnivorous Plants Community also. And we can support world community of Carnivorous Plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsivertsen View Post
Nahh, it doesn't have to cost a lot of money to start a small CP Society, all you have to do is perhaps advertise something in a local paper, and find a reasonable place to meet, either at someone's house, or a public library, municipal building, college/university with a professor to assist with the details etc. Perhaps if you have some interesting plants one of the local newspapers/TV news channels could do a feature story on you and your collection to generate some interest in a CP Society in your home town in Viet Nam! Go for it! You're a smart guy, and not too young either! You might be surprised at what kind of turn-out you get! -- Rich
Actually, our community could be finish due to cooperation from many people, mainly private breeders and nurseries. However, we pushed it too hard, due to that we want something ‘new’ into our society. There should be one main person, and then the others will be following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsivertsen View Post
Like I said, if you're going to hold meetings in a college/university, it's a good idea to get one of their instructors (professors) involved, and to help with the bureaucracy and administration. - Rich
In our community, there is no University Professor get involved at all. Although, I am studying in PhD, the degree is not plant science yet. But I can adapt my knowledge to help our society though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnut View Post
Thanks khun Pop for sharing this information, I hope Thai hybrids will get it's deserved recognition since there are many interesting, beautiful and vigorous "Made in Thailand" neps...

I was thinking of putting a link to nepenthessiam forum regarding this topic but you beat me to it...
Hi Robert,
Many for your kind words, I am hoping similar situation as yours for our community. There are tons of breeders now in here, and new hybrids are sending continuously out from them. By this establishment, we can find the resolution to gain our credibility for hybrids breeding and establishment. Thanks again.