Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes

Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:29 AM
Pioneer

Default My Little Christmas Tree

Here's is a very upright ramispina plant. With pitcher at the tip of each leaf, it does resemble a small christmas tree with trimmings to the branches.

One thing about ramispina is that their pitchers are very long lasting. The still living pitcher at the bottom has been with me since February. While those pitchers at its side only dried up in September, had been around since January. So those new pitchers should still be around for the Chinese New Year.

Here's a close-up of a new ramispina pitcher alongside a very red tobaica. This is the largest tobaica so far, with 12cm height and a girth of 12 cm around the bottom.

Ah, one of my favourite is this compact sanguinea. It was featured in my father's day article. Unlike the ramispina it remains short and compact. With the few sanguineas and ramispinas that I own, it looks like ramispina are more of a vining plant than sanguinea.

Another plant with long lasting pitchers is adrianii. This plant was also featured in my father's day article. Unlike the sanguinea, the pitchers are still around since May/June. It flowered a few months ago and has two basals with pitchers.

This sibuyanensis was a sickly plant at the beginning this year when it was grown under low land condition. I got it in December 2006. Now after nine months living in air-cond environment, it has strong healthy leaves with three pitchers - two hiding in the mosses.

This boschiana also has very big and healthy leaves but the largest pitcher to date is only 13cm tall.

Ah! the best looking pitcher must be spectablis. I really like the banded raised peristome. The pitchers that came with the plant were more stunning. The bands and spots were really dark, but dried up soon after I took the big plant out of the bag. I had Fauzi ordered for me from BE in March. It has taken the plant 6 months to pitcher again.

Choong