Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Old 30th June 2008, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Default zakhren: Summit

zakhren

I'm back!

Summit
« Thread Started on May 27, 2007, 11:25pm » There is an Ace Hardware at Summit USJ! Haha I can't believe there was an Ace so close to me all this time~ And they have everything you need. Sphagnum, peat, vermiculite and all the other cool stuff they usually have (shade cloth, steaks, seedling trays, peat pots, lots of seeds, plants, rope for hanging etc.)
Link to Post - Back to Top 218.111.30.113 tarence
Global Moderator

Re: Summit
« Reply #1 on May 27, 2007, 11:37pm » Zak, it`s been there for quite a while.....

since our members are quite widespread, to share, there are also ACE branches near Tmn Melawati, another in Old Klang Road near OUG, & of course the one in Mid Valley & Ikano.....

Link to Post - Back to Top 210.186.51.253 zakhren

I'm back!

« Reply #2 on May 28, 2007, 12:12am » Haha well I went yesterday and I hadn't been to Summit for like almost 2 years so I wouldn't know it was there. No one told me~ haha. So for people like me, now you know it's there. Thanks for the other locations too
Link to Post - Back to Top 218.111.30.113 tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on May 29, 2007, 4:19pm » No problem Zak.

I notice that Tesco sells plastic pots quite cheaply compared to ACE. Their mid-sized one ( can hold one adult sarracenia purpurea ) is only rm0.89 cts...the smaller ones which can hold a single adult vft is only rm0.50 cts. It`s almost double the price or more in ACE.

Another shop I like to buy pots from is Potter`s Garden. If you are coming from sg buloh nurseries heading towards Kepong via sg buloh main road, it`s just after the Caltex station on your left.

Lotsa cheap pots there & the variety is mind boggling. They also dabble in plants sales ( have staghorns there ) and also soil.

Can find the black netting we need for CPs, which they sell by metre. And also pedestals or even huge urns to put in CPs in a community area. The biggest urn i`ve seen there is about 6 feet across, they sell it for water lilies.

If you happen to be in the area, do swing by. But I don`t encourage you to specifically make an effort to go there as the jam there can be pretty bad.

Hey, David`s place is nearby !
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 4:21pm by tarence »Link to Post - Back to Top 203.106.226.24 zakhren

I'm back!

« Reply #4 on May 29, 2007, 11:39pm » Oh yes the pot place. I see it on the way back from Sg. Buloh. Huge ammount of pots! I think I'll stop by next time i go to Sg. Buloh.
Link to Post - Back to Top 219.94.116.190