Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > NON CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Other Weird Oddities Of Nature > Lycopodiums

Lycopodiums Everything about Ground Pine, Clubmoss or Lyco

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Default tarence: Some of my lycopodiums (Read 183 times)

tarence
Global Moderator

Some of my lycopodiums
« Thread Started on 5 May, 2007, 16:30 »These are jungle plants bought from Sg buloh & also Camerons. The attraction is that the branches will divide & keep on dividing until it reaches a plantlet producing stage.
The most rare one is the light green/ blue-ish one( 2nd single plant photo). I`m told that it is currently sold for rm500 in Camerons. Other places have never had stock of this.
The pics are about a year ago, the plants have more than tripled the size & I have one more rare one to add to it, a squirrel tail-like lyco which is soft. That one is sold for rm800 at Camerons, I was told by a friend who went to Camerons last week.

« Last Edit: 5 May, 2007, 17:39 by tarence »Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedzakhren

I'm back!

Re: Some of my lycopodiums
« Reply #1 on 5 May, 2007, 16:38 »That is expensive! How much did you get them for?? Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on 5 May, 2007, 16:42 »Rm10 & rm8...thereabouts. I got them cheap from a roadside orang asli stall on the way down from Camerons. They obviously did not know what they were selling & I whisked the plants away before they could blink ! Heheh. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedzakhren

I'm back!

« Reply #3 on 5 May, 2007, 16:46 »Haha nice~ Orang asli can get such rare plants easily because they live in the plants natural habitat's. I should start stopping at the orang asli stalls, see what they have Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedartificialive
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on 5 May, 2007, 17:49 »haha! nowwwww.... what abt an outing to Cameron? Link to Post - Back to Top Logged[Naj Grow List] --- [Naj Wanted List]tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on 5 May, 2007, 17:56 »I`m game ! I go there at least once a year. My car can take 3 other folks. Hotels there are cheap, rm45 will get us a room with hot water & 1 single 1 double bed. Heheh....but the toll & gas is a bit costly. I estimate about rm150 for the whole trip....my gas is expensive coz i drive a 2litre engine 4WD....if we take the bus, it`ll be cheaper but once we reach Camerons, it`s difficult & very slow to move around. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedDavid
Administrator

« Reply #6 on 7 May, 2007, 22:57 »Count me in when you guys plan the trip. Then we can also visit YG Park nursery and the mossy forest in Gunung Brinchang where we can spot Neps growing in the wild.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlistatmccmn
Advisor - Tillandsia

« Reply #7 on 8 May, 2007, 17:42 »Watch out for your blue fern..........might get stolen one day....hehehehe Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on 9 May, 2007, 0:01 »Wei.....if its stolen, then I know where to look for it...... Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedatmccmn
Advisor - Tillandsia

« Reply #9 on 9 May, 2007, 9:04 »Hahaha........tau juga...Nevermind I'll pay for all of your fares. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedkhairimhd

« Reply #10 on 11 May, 2007, 14:40 »here some of my lycos for you to enjoy.

Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedhttp://tangansejuk.blogspot.com/khairimhd

« Reply #11 on 11 May, 2007, 14:41 »sorry friends, here the link http://exoticgallery.fotopic.net/c1220297_1.html Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedhttp://tangansejuk.blogspot.com/atmccmn
Advisor - Tillandsia

« Reply #12 on 11 May, 2007, 14:57 »Haa..... another place! Beware your plants might get lost!! Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedkhairimhd

« Reply #13 on 11 May, 2007, 16:26 »For searching of 'blue fern', if you're travel from muadzam shah. Pahang from gambang, Pahang...with luck you will get it from 'orang asli'.. also nephenthes, platycerium ridleyi and coronarium and the most wanted item by me - WILD ORCHIDS!