Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Drosera

Drosera Everything about Sundews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Default mukaketupat: D.Burmanii, D.Spathulata & D.Adelae (Read 213 times)

mukaketupat

D.Burmanii, D.Spathulata & D.Adelae
« Thread Started on 21 Jul, 2007, 17:48 »Hi guys

A few advice needed...

1. My D.Burmanii's been flowering and i guess the seeds from the flower dropped into the small tiny pot thats housing the plant now. I just noticed a lot of platlets growing around the mother plant. At least 12 small platlets. Once it grows it wont have space in the pot. So should i repot them into a bigger pot?

2. I dont know how to take out the seeds from my spathulata. Its been flowering nonstop eventhough it was infested with aphids and came back into health. Its still flowering. 3 shoots of flowers and i cut one stalk thinking that i can collect the seeds already since its been there for more than a month. But it doesnt look ready. When will i know? and how do i collect the seeds?

3. My adelae cant seem to survive on my balcony garden. It gets partial sun, leaves are coming out but barely surviving. No dews at all

thats all for now.

Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedpiscesilim
Global Moderator

Re: D.Burmanii, D.Spathulata & D.Adelae
« Reply #1 on 21 Jul, 2007, 18:25 »Did you put water tray for your D.adelae? « Last Edit: 21 Jul, 2007, 18:26 by piscesilim »Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedLimmukaketupat

« Reply #2 on 22 Jul, 2007, 1:15 »yes i do Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedcosmoking

« Reply #3 on 22 Jul, 2007, 7:49 »1) Thin them out by pulling out small seedlings. Transplanting burmannis is risky and difficult-they are small and they are very sensitive to root disturbance so they often just die. Bteter tot hin out and keep how many plants can fit into the pot without getting squashed.

2) The pods will be turning black or black already. When they are black or almost black, take out a small, clear re-sealable plastic bag and put the pods in there. You will notice little black dots-these are the seeds. Store in the fridge until you are ready to sow them-if you dotn store in the fridge the seeds will loose their viability and will not germinate.

3) Change its conditions. Try full shade and different amounts of sun and see how it does.
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on 22 Jul, 2007, 23:31 »Got any photo of your D.adelae? « Last Edit: 22 Jul, 2007, 23:32 by piscesilim »Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedLimtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on 23 Jul, 2007, 10:21 »Ezrena : my d.adelae gets full sun for half day & some pots get filtered sun . I notice that the half day sun ( about 3 hours + from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. ) ones do better. Really nice dews & healthy leaves. Was the d.adelae from me ? sorry, i can`t remember.....if the main plant is moody, wait until the plantlets come out. They should fare better. Do you see any yet ? usually, they`ll sprout from the side of the pot via roots. How big is the pot you are using ?

when you say partial sun, do you mean full direct sun for limited hours or filtered sun for whole day, etc ?
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedcactustts
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on 23 Jul, 2007, 18:20 »I found this picture of d. adelae growing in the habitat.
http://www.auscps.com/modules/xcgal/disp....m&pos=-362&cat=
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedTStarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on 23 Jul, 2007, 18:53 »Wah, what a habitat , next to a waterfall. but anyway, it`s there, can`t argue with a bunch of droseras. heheh. i looked at the photos there, got very nice pic of d.pulchella x. « Last Edit: 23 Jul, 2007, 19:00 by tarence »Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedmukaketupat

« Reply #8 on 24 Jul, 2007, 10:12 »the photos are all here - http://pokok.gejala.org/2007/mukaketupat....-to-the-family/

the adalae gets partial sun, about 2 hours a day. i tried everything and it just refuses to be healthy. dont know la.
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on 24 Jul, 2007, 10:46 »Check the under side of the leaves see if it attack by parasites such as aphid. And check the roots too. Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedLim